Embarrassed

Marinette was stiff as a board. She couldn’t believe Adrien Agreste, teenage heartthrob, long time school crush was hugging her. Initially, her brain just could not comprehend the situation but after a few seconds her face warmed to a bright red and she could have sworn she would have floated up to the ceiling if it weren’t for his arms around her, keeping her anchored to the classroom floor. Her heart was thumping so hard against her rib cage and ear drums right now that she was positive he could feel it. She could die happily right now, which was the last thought she had because Adrien was actually hugging her.

Their embrace had been a full minute before the bell rang loudly in their ears, jolting them both. Both parties quickly detached, snapped out of the moment. The door opened up behind Adrien and students came pouring in for the next class. The pair looked at each other and both were equally red with blushing embarrassment. Adrien cleared his throat and raised his hand to scratch at the back of his head in an awkward fashion.

“We should probably go now..” He trailed off.

Marinette bobbed her head in agreement as she rushed out of the room after the blonde. The hallway was incredibly quiet. That was only natural, the bell had rung and class was in session which meant that these two were once again late. They both must have realized that because they each sighed heavily then looked at each other and laughed.

“We are late again.” He said with a half smile.

“Y-yeah.”

“Seems to be a never ending story with the two of us. I don’t think any of our teachers will be surprised. They’ve had years to get use to us, after all.” He laughed a bit and she giggled and nodded in agreement. He was so happy that he was talking to her, especially because no one else around to interrupt him. Though he worried how she was handling it in her head. Thinking about it now, he was stupid for hugging her the way he did. It just happened so fast, the urge to hold her, to feel her warmth. Despite how ridged he had felt her become, it made him think of letting her go but that thought last  for a split second. Once he was pressed against her, he realized that he wanted to touch her even more. He didn’t care if it meant she was a tad bit uncomfortable. It was due to pure luck or shock that saved him from being pushed away immediately. He was happy to see that she didn’t seem to harbor any resentment from the hug.

‘I’m sure she just didn’t want to show fear in the situation. But then...that wouldn’t make sense. She made me a gift. People only give gifts to someone they like, right?’ He got a lot of fan mail because of his career, its because they liked him. Of course, he was never able to accept it. His father would never have allow it, seeing those wrapped gifts as potential threats. He never understood how a present could be a threat to his safety, it was just plain silly. His father was prone to overreacting since the passing of his mother and fan mail was such a small matter that Adrien had never bothered to argue.  The point was that maybe, just maybe, Marinette liked him. He would have to consult Nino later.

“So what class do you have now?” He asked as he watched her bite her lovely pink petal lips and scrunched her face a bit, thinking for a moment.

‘Cute’

She really did look like a bunny with her nose wrinkled that was. The little bunny dug into her bag and pulled out her schedule sheet as Adrien came to stand beside her so he could have a look as well.

The little bunny stiffened at his closeness. He was about a foot taller than her and he was kind of hovering. It was the closeness that halted her. She was just a little shocked that he was so close that she could feel his sleeve brush her bare arm slightly and it left goosebumps in its wake. She shivered unexpectedly as a small change went through her body from that one action. It didn’t go unnoticed by Adrien, however and he frowned. She wasn’t looking at him, instead her eyes were on the paper in her hand that she was clutching a bit too tightly.