Attracted II

"Marinette." Two voices called, one louder than the other.

The girl in question turned away from her desk as she just finished grabbing her bag and box of sweets to look at her classmate. It was one of her friends, Nathaniel. He had changed quite a bit since the last time she had seen him. He had gotten taller, clearly this lad had a bit of a growth spurt, though he was still a bit thin. That's not all that changed though, his attire was completely different. The redhead sported white, long sleeved button up shirt that was opened just enough at the top to see his collar bones and black choker around his neck. He wore equally black jeans and very kick ass boots that weren't her taste but she found that they finished his look off. But the most interesting change she had noticed was his hair. It looked to have gotten a bit of length to it. The orange strands stopped right at his shoulders, the back top half of it pulled loosely into a tie. It showed a bit more of his face and revealed how handsome and mature his features had become.

"Nathaniel..?" The bluenette looked a bit shocked at just who she was staring at. He returned her shocked expression with a smile, of course.

"You sound unsure. Do I look that different?" His question was met with silence. She was just staring at him, mouth gaped open. It was a rather cute expression and he couldn't help but chuckle. That seemed to snap her out of her daze and she blushed with embarrassment and shot her mouth quickly. Marinette couldn't believe it, this guy is supposed to be sweet, shy little Nathaniel? That was hard to take in.

"You uh even sound different." Which was the truth, his voice seems to have taken on a few octaves. It was deeper and she had to admit to herself, it was rather pleasant to her ears.

"A good different, I hope?"

"Definitely!" She smiled sweetly, approving of his change and giving him two thumbs up. They both looked at each other and smiled before the artist zeroed in on the lovely decorated green and cream colored box in her tiny hands.

"Are those for the class again?" He pointed to the box in question, excitement clear on his face. "You make awesome macarons every year for us on the first day of school. Mind if I steal a few for myself? Doesn't look like there's enough for everyone anyways." He said half joking and half serious.

"I'm sorry, Nathaniel... but these are not for the class this year. I just didn't have enough time to them in my locker this morning." She blushed a bit and hid the box behind her back. His expression dampened a bit, he knew who they were for. It could only be for one person and that knowledge bugged him greatly, though he didn't let it show. As far as Nathaniel was concerned, the model didn't deserve any of her affection. Glancing over to the boy behind his love interest, green eye meeting green eyes and sharing a short glare before returning his focus back to the Marinette.

"Thats too bad. I guess it can't be helped." He shrugged and smiled down at her. "So I know it's the first day of school and all, but I was hoping we could take sometime to actually catch up and hang out." He said cooly.

"Um..sure." She was caught of guard, did he just ask her out? 'I may be reading too much into it.' He had never said so much to her in one setting besides the time he was akumatized, of course. She knew he liked her but was sure the crush had long since faded away.

Nathaniel lifted an eyebrow in question to her hesitation but smile instead when he thought of how cute she had seemed. Pulling a pen and pad out of his back pocket, he quickly wrote his number down before tearing it from the little book, folding it in half and handing it to her.

"Text me, ok? We'll make plans. See ya later, Marinette." he said, shooting her a smile before running out to his next class.

~Adrien~