Chapter 39

"Haily?" matt whispered. His sleepy eyes opened up looking around the room. He stopped once he saw me, I waved hi at him and he smiled.

He whispered to Carter, and carted hugged him.

"You good matt?" bart said walking over to matt.

"Yeah im good just my nose hurts" he said gently touching his nose. Everyone was relieved to see him all good.

"Well we have to get back to magcon, haily can you stay?" bart  asked me. I looked over at cam and he nodded yes ,

"Yeah of course" I said, I walked over to cam and kissed his cheek.

Everyone started to hug matt and eventually everyone left ,leaving me and matt alone. I walked over and sat next to matt on his bed. His eyes were half open, his breathing was steady , I placed my hand over his.

"You're pretty" he whispered.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"Matt I love you as a friend, cam and I-"

"I understand" he says , but he keeps smiling. Does matt want me to be with cameron? I smile back and sit there looking down at my hands.

"Matt are you sure?"

" Follow what your heart says" he whispered I smiled and let him rest.

I walked out the room and down the halls just scrolling through my phone, I accidentally bumped into someone and looked up to excuse myself.

"Sorr-" my eyes widened.

"Mayra"I said. It was weird seeing her like this, all red with puffy eyes.

"Hi" she said trying to wipe out her tears.

I know what she did was horrible but I just had a feeling in my heart I pushed her into the bathroom.

"Mayra, whats happening?" I asked her like if we were friends.

"Nothing" she said trying to leave, I grabbed onto her arm.

"Please"

"Ugh fine, Morgan and Connor are planning" I let go, what is she taking about?

"What?" I said.

"There here for a reason, and I'm here to ruin there plan"

"whats the plan?" i asked

"Morgan is out to get Cameron, and Connor out to get you, but it seems like matt likes you making Connor want to block him out"

"How?" I asked.

"im not sure" she said turning away,

"Why did you do that?" I asked her. She didn't turn around, she stood frozen.

"Did what?" she asked .

"Lie to me about his death"

"I was protecting Cameron" she said.

"By hurting me"

"If I didn't do this cam would get hurt, I wouldn't want the love of your life actually dead"

I felt relieved but she still did wrong.

"okay" I said, with that she walked out not looking behind.

I checked the mirror and walked back to matts room.

I sat on the chair next to him, and I slowly drifted to sleep.

I woke up to a laughter. I sat up and rubbed my eyes all of the boys were in here, I was embarrassed, did they watch me sleep? oh god. All night I was thinking about Morgan and Connor, I had to protect matt. I have to.

"Morning guys" I said interrupting there laughing. They all greeted me.

I got up and stretched, I walked over to mahogany , she had brought me clothes. I walked into the bathroom and slipped on the sweats and shirt. I put my hair in a braid and fixed my makeup, I brushed my teeth and put on my contacts.

I walked out and sat next to cam, he was looking out the window.

"Hello" I said , he looked at me and winked.

"Your dad called" he said.

"what he say?"

"He wants to take you to dinner and hang out with you today" he said.

I smiled and nodded.

"Okay yay"

I grabbed my purse and texted my dad.
Me~pick me up at the hospital!

he responded right away.
Dad~ I heard, okay on my way
Me~ yeah, okayyy ✌

I put my phone down and said goodbye to everyone and I kissed cam and hugged him.

"See yah later okay" he said.

"Yes of course"

I smiled and walked out the room, down the halls and out the hospital. I waited on a bench for my dad.

My dad pulled up and I quickly opened the door and got in.

"Hey girly"

"Hayyo dadd" I said buckling up.

"Hows your friend?"

"Better"

"Thats good" he pulled away and drove off.

"So wheres payge?"  I asked.

"I hung out with her yesterday and today shes at grandmas"

"Oh ok, well where we going?"

"lunch and just walking around"

"Yay thats sounds cool"

I put on my headphones and leaned my head against the window.

im guessing I fell alseep, sleeping on a chair sucks . I opened my eyes and looked over my dad was Still driving.

"Well someone's awake" he said laughing.

"Ha I didn't get good sleep last night" I murmured.

"Well lets eat lunch and then hang out a bit you can go back to sleep" I smiled and we pulled into a café.

We ate lunch and just talked about life, I told him everything that has happened to me and he told me all about his work. But my dad seemed nervous.

"Dad are you ok ,you seem nervous?" I asked him taking a sip of my tea.

"Yeah I need to tell you something"

I got tense and payed all attention to him.

"Tell me" I nodded.

"Okay. so theres a reason why I flew you down here" he said, I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eye, a tear escaped from him and I could feel my throat scrunching up.

"I have cancer"