Planning

Chapter 19

As club hours ended Arianne realized she hadn't spoken to Tamaki about performing at the dinner party as she had told Kyoya she would do. She had just finished clearing up her table and cleaning her part of the club room so she quickly turned hoping he hadn't left yet and was relieved to see him still there. She went over to him and patted him on the shoulder making him jump slightly but he smiled as he turned to find her with an apologetic look.

"Sis, what can I do for you?"

"Well, you see Kyoya and I were talking about the dinner party and we managed to reduce a lot of the costs and enlarge the profit the club would be making from the tickets we sell" she began explaining.

"You and Kyoya are devils with money" said Tamaki and Arianne smacked his arm teasingly.

"I won't deny that about Kyoya, that's the only reason why I insisted on cutting some of the expenses but that's beside the point. Since they demand to be paid and it's easier to pay them for one act instead of many, but then we would need another form of entertainment for the guests to break the ice during the dinner party and one of the ways I thought of cutting the expenses was to have entertainment from you. Now don't kill me you wouldn't be playing the piano alone, I would join you, even though I don't want to, that stupid Kyoya forcing me to help out" Arianne mumbled. Tamaki had a thoughtful expression at the beginning a bit hesitant with the idea but he chuckled at Arianne's mumbles of hating Kyoya and took her hand softly which made her stop talking.

"Calm down Arianne, Kyoya is right in making you perform for I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Wait, does that mean you'll do it?"

"Yes, it means I'll do it"

"Sugeeee!" exclaimed the red head as she kissed him on the cheek excited then ran off. "I'm done with cleaning, see you tomorrow guys!" she yelled over her shoulder.

"Don't you want me to take you home?" offered Kyoya which surprised the club but Arianne shook her head.

"No, thanks, I've got to run to town see if I can catch the shop on 83rd still open and negotiate! But I'll accept your offer tomorrow morning!" she winked as Kyoya looked at her in shock that she was so serious on the matter of the dinner party but then shook his head with a small smirk as she exited as he noticed she was going to be joining him yet again tomorrow morning. He turned as he felt glares on the back of his head and saw the twins quickly turning away from him but he ignored it as he continued picking up the empty jugs from some tables.

Meanwhile, Arianne hurried to 83rd street and was relieved to find the store was not closed. She walked in and explained the situation how she would need a dress and seven tuxedos and loads of masks, all different designs, and that she would give the exact number of masks the next day but it should be around fifty. The lady in charge seemed a bit overwhelmed which Arianne could understand as they were but starting out but soon the lady took initiative and asked for the measurements necessary for the tuxedos and dress and Arianne sent Haruhi a text asking if her measurements were tight fitted or not since they didn't want to make her womanly figure more noticeable. Haruhi was efficient and sent her some measurements and Kyoya had thought beforehand to send the others when she had mentioned where she was going. The woman then asked for when the outfits had to be ready and Arianne told her the party was Friday two weeks from now. The woman looked slightly overwhelmed but tried to not let it show, then she and Arianne discussed prices and the woman asked for a much lower price than Arianne had been expecting as her first bid and even though it was still a bit far from her original goal she figured she was already kind of pressuring the woman and accepted, knowing she hadn't decided on a price with Kyoya so he couldn't possibly get mad. She then walked home and noticed it was getting dark and she really hoped nothing crazy would happen, and she got home safe and sound.

"I'm home" she yelled into the emptiness and wasn't surprised when once again there was no answer, she figured she'd go visit her father at the hospital on Saturday after her morning shift at the grocery store. She quickly finished her homework and made a bento lunch for the next day and went to bed.

She woke up with plenty of time to spare the next day and decided to make herself a good breakfast and packed some of her blueberry muffins to thank Kyoya for taking her to school, then she realized the others would probably get jealous, but she didn't have any more muffins, and a quick look in the pantry showed she didn't have blueberries either, so she made cranberry scones instead and decided to share them with the hosts and her guests, but she kept the muffins in her bag just in case. She had unconsciously gotten used to the Ouran Academy uniform and was surprised to see how she was used to it on her as she passed a mirror on her way out the mansion, she then cringed at the color once more but having no choice on the matter due to that silly Headmaster's orders she walked out ready to walk to the Ootori mansion, but she was surprised to see Kyoya's limousine already waiting for her outside. He looked bored and slightly annoyed so Arianne hurried down the steps to the car and apologized but he ignored her and opened the door open for her. She smiled in thanks as she got in and made herself comfortable. Kyoya got in and tapped on the window separating them from the chauffeur, as a signal to get going. The car started and soon Kyoya was asking how yesterday had gone.

"I got a very reasonable price for the outfits, but I made no particular demands, letting them have freedom over the designs, although I did explicit what kind of people we were and showed them a picture of all of you for some inspiration" she then giggled as she remembered how the woman's cheeks had flushed at the sight of seven handsome men, or well six and Haruhi, and she explained this to Kyoya as he looked at her confused, which made him smirk. "I do need the exact amount of people that are coming though so I can order the masks" at this Kyoya was serious again.

"We'll mention we're finishing sales today through the morning announcements, after all it is Friday and I'll inform you during club this afternoon"

"That sounds good" Arianne said and they arrived at the school, they walked to the doors together chatting about some modifications to the price as it was last day of sales since Arianne didn't want to cheat the customers but Kyoya insisted on a higher profit. As they bickered, both girls and boys admired the two hosts and sent jealous looks to the host entertaining their loved one.

As they entered the school they separated and girls flocked to Kyoya as guys ran towards Arianne asking if they could walk her to class. Arianne hadn't previously had that kind of attention and she blushed intensely making the guys swoon. She told them it wouldn't be fair to just accept one person's request and she inquired whether they would agree to take turns. Had this been suggested out of her presence it was obvious it would have been rejected but since it had been Arianne's idea they quickly nodded and surprisingly Adam won the rock paper scissors competition to see who would be first before they came up with a schedule. She tried once more to converse with Adam but he was happy just to walk with her so she just talked about the planning she had been doing for the dinner party. When they arrived at the classroom he uttered a 'have a good day' and scampered off. The twins who had been waiting for either her or Haruhi teased her once again and she explained he was one of the many paying customers who had asked to walk her.

"It's not like you guys were waiting to be my princes in shining armor and save the day by saying you were already walking me to class! Now I have to deal with a different person everyday" she whined.

"Oh, we're so sorry Princess Arianne" teased Hikaru and Arianne stiffened.

"What do you mean Princess Arianne?" she questioned anxiously. Kaoru noticed but decided to ask her in private.

"Well, since we're your princes we apologize for failing you Princess" explained Hikaru with a chuckle and Arianne relaxed and laughed as well. At that time Haruhi arrived and the two girls quickly started talking together including the twins on their girly talk which made the girls laugh at their uncomfortable postures but the teacher walked in and the twins sighed in relief. As class started and Arianne sat in her seat next to the window, she remembered the blueberry muffins and how she hadn't given them to Kyoya and she figured she'd give them to him discreetly during club hours.