Prologue

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

"I shall return when we are ready for you. Please, wait quietly." With that, Professor McGonagall left the chamber where all the first year students were. Left them to their own thoughts with a dash of anxiety and nerves, all wondering that house they would be sorted into. Some students have previously mentioned that they would leave if they were sorted into Hufflepuff, more were frightened of being placed in Slytherin.

The Professor returned, ushering the first years into the Great Hall. She placed a four-legged stool in front of them, with the Sorting Hat on top. Soon enough the hat began to sing. Immediately after applause erupted the Hall and the sorting had begun. It seems everyone was pleased with the house they were sorted into.

Once all the chatter had settles down, Albus Dumbledore got to his feet welcoming all the students before he announce the banquet to begin. Countless of plates filled with food took over all the tables, students started eating like no tomorrow. The long journey on Hogwarts Express might have had something to do with it.

Everyone was getting to know each other during the feast and having a wonderful time until there was a sudden interruption.

"Everyone stop what you are doing. Sorry to stop the banquet but we have one more student that needs to be sorted to a house," Professor McGonagall said. Walking in the middle aisle, passing all the students as she was heading to the where the Sorting Ceremony happened not too long ago. She paused and turned to the direction of the double doors of the Great Hall.

"Come again dearie," she said, trying to sound gentle compared to her usual strictness. Whispers broke out the silence that was present moment before. Students including teachers were trying to understand what was happening. No one has ever been late for the Sorting Ceremony before, it was an unusual case.

Slowly, a small figure emerged from behind the doors into plain view for all to lay eyes on. Soft dark chocolate curls covered her face as she looked down, making her way to Professor McGonagall in tiny steps. Her curls hang inches off her shoulders, complimenting her light skin. So timid, like a sheep being thrown to a pack of wolves, she was out of place.

Whispers grew louder, so loud it was like normal chatter.

Who is she?

I don't remember her on the train.

Did she get lost?

Students were asking each other the same question over and over again, none of them remember her on the train. Then again, she was small and quiet to attract attention, but if she wasn't on the train, where did she come from?

By the time she got to the Professor, the stool was at the same position like it never left, with McGonagall holding the Sorting Hat.

"Come, sit on the stool," she did as she was told. Professor McGonagall placed the hat on the girl's head. Silence fell throughout the entire hall, all eager to hear what the hat has to say about the girl.

"Well...this is very different," said the hat. "Child, why don't you let me in so I can see where you belong?" The girl was only looking at her hands which were clutching to each other for dear life. Whispers began once again. Growing concerned, Dumbledore made his way to Professor McGonagall.

"Not going to let me in I see," the hat said, almost defected, but didn't show it. McGonagall and Dumbledore stood in front of the girl, blocking her from the eyes of the students. Teachers could only see her back, but they were all concerned as to what was happening.

"What house does she belong to?" Professor Dumbledore asked quietly, getting more concerned of the situation.

"I...I don't know. This is peculiar indeed. Her oc- ah her mind is strong. I'm being blocked," the Sorting hat was almost ashamed of himself.

"What should we do? This has never happened before," McGonagall asked Dumbledore, hoping he had a solution. Dumbledore himself was deep in thought to answer her.

Before he could finally answer, the girl lifted the hat from her head and gave it to Dumbledore with a sad smile, a smile he returned. Her blue-grey eyes meeting his own as if they were communicating. Whispers and gasps had erupted the hall once again with what everyone had witnessed.

The Sorting Hat never announced what house she was belonged to.

No one has never been placed before.

A student with no house was not uncommon, it wasn't rare either. It has never happened in the history of Hogwarts. First time in history, good or bad will depend on the future.

"SILENCE!" His voice boomed, echoing down the hallway, interrupting and silencing everyone at once.

"It seems the Sorting hat has been exhausted and overwhelmed by the amount of first years we've had," Dumbledore said looking at all the students.

"Until further notice...Gryffindor house will have a temporary student."