Chapter 5

For the rest of the Christmas holidays, things were quite mellow for Harry. As he folded his invisibility cloak to place in his trunk, he did wonder why Professor Dumbledore asked him not to tell Rose about the mirror. Would she have sat there like himself? Was the mirror there because she's been sneaking away? Too many thoughts were crossing his mind, his nightmares of his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, wondering why Professor Dumbledore made him give his word and hiding a secret from Rose. That thought most of all, made him feel uncomfortable.

Though Ron found it no problem to hide it. Hermione, however, didn't. Hermione was greeted by the boys at her time of arrival back to Hogwarts before Rose could to explain everything. Hermione being Hermione wasn't impressed. Sneaking out at night, hiding it from Rose and most at all, not finding out who Nicolas Flamel was.

So much for asking Rose to keep an eye on the boys.

Hermione practically lectured both of them on their way back to the Gryffindor tower. As they got to the common room, Hermione was engulfed in a hug.

"Good to see you too, Rose. Oh! I got you something, just hold on." Rose tilted her head as she watched Hermione taking her things upstairs. Rose looked at the boys, who just shrugged their shoulders. Within a couple of minutes, Hermione came downstairs holding something in her hand.

"What you got there, Hermione?" Ron said, looking at the package in her hand.

"Belated Happy Christmas, Rose," giving her a red and green striped present, answering Ron's question.

"Thank you," Rose mouthed, she wasn't expecting a gift. She admired the wrapping before tearing it.

"I would've sent this through Howler but given the whole broomstick incident, I wasn't going to do that."

"Good choice," Ron said, while Harry and Rose nodded.

"This beats using any more of your parchment and you can wear it too!" Hermione gestured to the string.

Rose got a piece of chalk and started writing.

"I love it! Thank you!" She smiled.

"I'm glad," Hermione huffed in relief.

"A mini blackboard on the go. Nice job Hermione," Harry said.

"Thank you, but you'll have to thank my parents for giving me the idea, they helped me get it too."

"I'll thank them when I meet them," Rose wrote.

"Meet them?" Ron asked.

"We planned to sleep-over in the future," Hermione while Rose nodded.