02. Get to know Pixlr Web Tools

You're obviously either new to graphic designing in general or new to Pixlr. Or you're just curious or a beginner.

 Or you're just curious or a beginner

No? Yes? Whatever? Okay.

So, Pixlr has many tools and we'll give you a brief of the tools provided on Pixlr Online Editor.

I found this picture on google which tells you the name of each tool on Pixlr toolbar so that you know which tool we're talking about once we start the getting to know part.

Let's start!

SELECTION TOOLS:

Crop Tool (Shortcut: Ctrl+C)

As the name suggests, it crops out the picture, reframes your entire canvas to a desired size and remove everything else. Drag to reframe and hit Return — you've just cropped your image. You can move the crop area around before committing to a crop. Additional options: Adjust the aspect ratio to crop to a specific height and width ratio (e.g., a perfect square). Adjust output size if you want to crop to a specific pixel size.  

Move Tool (Shortcut: Ctrl+V)

Let's you move whichever layer is selected.

Marquee Tool (Shortcut: Ctrl+M)

Use this to select rectangular areas of a layer or the canvas. After selecting, you can perform specific actions on that area. Great for cutting out slices of an image to copy and paste elsewhere. Additional options: You can specify a rectangular or elliptical area, pick an aspect ratio or fixed size for your selection. Feathering creates a softer edge at the selection's border. Anti-aliasing creates a more crisp outline.

Lasso Tool (Shortcut: Ctrl+L)

The lasso tool is a free-hand version of the marquee too and can be used to define an area in any shape you can draw. Additional options: Need to create an irregular shape with straight sides? The polygonal lasso lets you create shapes like hexagons. Feathering gives you control over how soft edges will be; use anti-alias to achieve sharper edges. It also works as the pen tool in Ps to remove unwanted background and stuff.