Chapter 7 Jake's Confession

"Are you saying that you love me?" 

"Yes I am. And your eighteenth birthday is coming up and if you don't choose a mate by the next full moon then you will become a lone wolf forever, which means you will have to resign as alpha. " There was a hint of fear in his voice but there was also worry. Worry for me! The realization hit me like a rock."Yes I'm worried for you Kayla."  Wait, how did he know what I was thinking. 

"Can you read my mind?" I asked afraid of what the answer would be. I remembered all of the things I thought about, around him. His muscles all over his body. His silver blue eyes staring into mine. Him holding me when I'm upset trying to calm me down. What would I do if he heard all of those thoughts? 

"Uh..yeah I always could, Kayla. Ever since the first time we met."He said and he started to blush. "Do you really think that I'm cute when I blush?" He asked flashing a sexy grin. Now it was my turn to blush. Since I haven't turned eighteen yet I couldn't read his mind. All I could do was nod. "Well I think your adorable when you blush." He said running his fingers gently over my cheek. I leaned into his hand as he cradled the side of my face. I smiled a shy smile.  He smiled back. 

"AWWWWWW!!!" I recognized her voice before I turned around. 

"MOM!" I screamed in embarrassment, turning away from Jake sharply to yell at my mom for ruining the moment. I felt my whole face go redder than it already was. She turned and ran back into the house. I heard her squeal playfully. I heard a little chuckle from behind me and turned and glared at Jake. He started to whistle a little innocent tune and look around like he did nothing wrong. "Really?" I said to Jake. 

"What?" he said and yet again flashed me his sexy grin. I glared even harder. The grin immediately vanished."Okay, so what? I laughed because your cute when you get mad." I started to walk into the house to get some food, realizing I hadn't eaten for a while now. I stopped at the door and said to Jake, "Are you coming in?" He walked towards me, but before I could go in he grabbed my arm and pulled me in for another kiss. 

The warmth, the hunger. I loved it. I loved it so much. We broke apart and as soon as we did I wanted him to kiss me again.  "Come on we need to talk about the Alpha Meeting." He just kept looking into my brown hazel eyes. I slowly turned around and opened the door and walked in. He followed in silence. I could feel him watching my every move. "Mom Dad, me and Jake are going to upstairs to my room to discuss the plans about the meeting!" I yelled. 

"Okay sweetie, behave yourself." I slapped my hand to my forehead. I felt a hand on my back. Jake came up beside me. 

"Yes, Mrs. Metcalf, I'll make sure she behaves herself." I could hear them giggling through the walls .I looked up at Jake raising an eyebrow. There he goes again with his sexy smile. I thought as soon as he did it. His smiled broadened. Shit, he can read my thoughts. I forgot. I thought looking down. I heard a little laugh escape his throat. 

"Okay. Honey, why don't you ask Jake to stay for dinner?" 

Sighing I turned back to Jake, and asked "Well do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Yeah sure I'll have to let my mom know though, so give me a sec." He said walking back outside. I went to the kitchen and grabbed me and Jake a couple of protein bars. I walked back to the living room to wait for Jake. He came walking back in smiling. "She said yeah I can stay."

"Great," I said really happy "Lets go." I started up the stairs with Jake following. I reached my room and opened the door. 

"Wow." I heard Jake exclaim.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Nothing , just your room...." He trailed off. 

"I know my room is a mess." I said lowering my head. 

"Are you kidding me?! This is the most organized room I've ever seen. All of the books are on the shelf. You bed is made, your coats hanging on their racks. I mean everything is in its place." He said in awe.

"Well thanks." I said raising my head in pride. "Oh here I brought one for you, too." I said handing him the protein bar. 

"Thanks." he said.