Chapter 3 : lost and found #2

Narrators pov :
Over the course of 15 years Skyler and Nathan haven't left each others side. Finding lost cities and the truth about sir Francis Drake. However, all good things come to an end but that can lead into new happiness.  

I'm a man of Fortune and I must seek my fortune - Henry Avery 1694. 

15 years later ...
Skyler and Nathan are doing a normal days work at Jameson Marine. She is in her and Nate's office, doing paperwork for the truck load of copper Nathan had fished out of the sea earlier that day. Nate walks in , throwing his damp jacket onto the back of his chair. 
" so, did you enjoy swimming today." says Sky, with a chuckle.
" Amazing, the water was a bit cold. " Jokes Nathan. 
The office door opens again but this time Jameson walks in.
" Hey, you two." He greets with a smile. 
Sky and Nate wave. 

" oh, Nate. I've got a present for ya." He says, throwing pieces of paper onto Nathan's desk.
" what's this ?" He asks.
" I got some news from my contact about that wreck in Malaysia. The ships intact. " Jameson says happily.
" I'm sorry but I've already said no. Your persistent, I'll give you that." Says Nate.

" fine, Avery. What about you ?" He asks. 
Skyler looks up from her paper work and sighs.
" sorry , but no. I'm still unpacking from my trip to India. " She says.
Skyler places the paperwork in a file before putting it in a filing cabinet. She stands up and grads her jacket.
" see you to tomorrow. " She cheers.
" say hello to Nada for me." Says Nathan.

" will do ." Skyler comments,  before leaving and making her way home.
The streets are completely silent, no one else walked them apart from Skyler. The sun was starting to set as she walks up to an apartment building, not far from Nate's and Elena's house.

Sky walks up the stairs to her apartment and unlocks her door. She throws her jacket on the sofa and places her keys and phone on the coffee table.  Sky walks over to the kitchen island and picks a silver key.

She walks over to her office and opens the door. In a large dog cage sat a gray, white and black, female, wolf dog puppy. The puppy sat there, her tail waging happily as she barked affectionately.

" okay, okay Nada. " says Sky, with a smile.
Skyler unlocks her puppies cage and Nada bolts away.
" Hey Nada! You know it's bath day !" Skyler shouts, running after the small puppy.
Sky chases after Nada into the living room but as Skyler was so focused on trying to catch Nada,  she tripped over a cardboard box. Sky sits up and rubs the top of her head. That's when Nada pushes the cardboard box towards Sky, with her head.

She sighs as she runs her hand over the paper label on the box reading
' Captain Henry Avery's treasure. In complete' Sky slowly opens it , her eyes locking onto the red leather notebook. With gold lettering reading, ' history of pyrate captain Henry Avery. '

Skyler opens up the book to find an old Polaroid photo. She quickly closes the notebook as tears filled her eyes , Sky than places the notebook back in the cardboard box and closes it tightly. Pushing it back into it's original place.  Nada tilts her head to the side in confusion. Skyler wipes away her tears as she pets Nada kindly.

" don't worry about me, we can always skip bath day." She says.
Nada barks happily as she chases after her tail in a circle. 
Skyler smiles at the docile puppy, thinking other past memories. She stands up with much difficulty and much pain. Sky groans quietly trying not to alarm Nada.

Sky slow makes her way to the kitchen, with the puppy flowing closely behind her. She kneels down carefully picking up Nada's violet food bowl before standing straight and filling it up with dry dog biscuits. As Sky places the bowl on the floor Nada rushes to the bowl and eats the food happily. Sky smiles before cooking herself some food. The thought of her past never leaving her mind.