01

❝I'm curious
Is this the love I wanted?❞
—i wish.

------

TTOK TTOK TTOK!

the sounds of our homeroom teacher knocking on the door, snapping me from my sleep and the other pupils rushing into their seats. Readjusting my eye sight as the sunlight glare my eyes.

sitting next to me was kyla, my one and only friend since everyone avoided me due to my cursing family jinx. She's still busy reading her book with full charismatic-ally, despite her room is stuffed with books. Which made me wonder, why were we jinx?

the sounds of our homeroom teacher's heels were echoed throughout the class till she stopped at the desk where you can see everyone's action if you stand there.

" okay class ! who's absent today? " she shuttered with her friendly voice, she's one of the nicest teacher you can meet in this school.

" umm, i think its only jiwon. again. " Sagang squeak, our class president. He's an intelligence one yet friendly to help others.

" jiwon again? " she shrugged " do any of you know why jiwon is still absent? " she added, mumbling to the whole classroom as they started chattering.

" chenle, you? your her seatmate, maybe you know something? anything? " she squeak, chenle only shooked innocently.

miss seulgi clapped her hands loudly and the chatter started to fade " now, since i've got your attention, we have two new transferee coming- " her words were cutted by the students cheer in unison. " and i hope you all will take good care of them "

" yes! " 

" come in sweetie " she mumbled to the door, everyone's waiting impatiently.

the door slowly slides open and the new girl shyly entered the class, eyes on the floor despite the shyness and halted by the teacher's side. Lifting her head and eyes began roaming the class in amazement with the new kind of society she'll be in after this.

" introduce yourself sweetie " miss seulgi exclaimed, earning a smile from the new girl as she breathes before starting.

" h-hello nice to meet you, my name is lee yana. You can call me yana, please take good care of me " she stuttered, a bit nervous at first but it ended well. The students clapped in unison for her introduction.

" you can seat next to kyla there " she gestured, snapping kyla from her books and raised her hands as yana went to her seat.

she walked with her warms smile, passing the others as they began to whisper. " hi ! i'm yana " she greeted, holding out her hand to shake. Kyla shrugged with a smile and went back to reading mode.

i took the chance and shakes her hand as she flinched " hi i'm millie " i spoke smiling sheepishly. " this is kyla, she loves reading " i added.

" yeah, i can see that " she shrugged, peeking at the book cover.

" dont worry, she's always like that when she reads " i mumbled, earning a cold stare from her as i smiled innocently. Yana broke into small laughs.

" cute " she murmured.

" okay everyone! " miss seulgi called, catching everyone's attention. " we're doing another assignment so you better get in pairs quickly " she exclaimed and everyone moved to seat next to their partner.

" yana, why dont you partner with kyla. you'll get to know her more by partnering together " i suggested, giving yana the chance to get more closer with kyla so she wont have any other feeling bout kyla.

" what bout you? " kyla asked, worriedly since she knows what state i'm in.

" don't worry, i'll find someone eventually " i shrugged with a 'duh' tone, forcing a smile so she won't have to worry.

" thank youu millie, you're the best " yana shuttered, holding my hand with such grip.

my smile fell as i sense everyone in this room has been paired together except for one little sheepling, that is me. Of course no one wants to be pair with a girl who's jinx.

" is everyone paired? " she asked. i raised my hands in embarrassed, watching the other students starting to whisper.

" don't worry millie, you'll pair with the new transferee tomorrow " she exclaimed and i nodded in understand. The whisper started again yet more louder.

' poor the new guy, being paired with the jinx girl '

' do you think it's a boy or a girl? '

' i hope its a nerd '

those whispers ringing in my ears as i closed my eyes and wished it all be gone, till a touch was felt. " don't let them bother you, mill " kyla uttered, comforting. 

shrugging it all with a smile as the lesson continued.

 ~:~:~

hoped you enjoy the first chap. sorry if it wasn't good but please do give support and love to the book ;)) happy reading !

-rj eun