Chapter L - Sleep Well

Rem smiled after hearing footsteps coming from his back. He knew his time came. He was just hoping that the person who will kill him will make it quick so he won't feel pain anymore.

However, he was wrong.

"It's you, you are alive," a voice was heard. The footsteps became faster. The person was obviously rushing. He heard the crunching of the dried leaves clearly. A palm was laid on his cheek. The heat coming from the palm made Rem to look up. He cried like a baby.

"Marybeth, I found you. We found each other," said Rem crying while trying to get up.

"No, sweetheart, don't get up. Your injuries are bad. We needed to nurse them."

Rem doesn't have more energy. So, he just gave in. Marybeth pulled him to the side, let him drink water and cleaned his wounds. She then laid his head on her lap.

"Take a rest Rem, you badly need it," said Marybeth.

"We should get out of here," said Rem. "Some more wildcats might pass."

"No more words Rem, just follow what I say," said Marybeth who gave him a kiss on his lips.

Rem closed his eyes. The assurance that Marybeth was alive removed the pains and stress. He immediately fell asleep. He never had the idea of what happened after.

*****

Rem felt that he's being swayed and when he opened his eyes, he found that his chin was resting on Marybeth's left shoulder. She was giving him a piggy back ride.

"No! Put me down," said Rem, who broke through. They fell.

"Oh, come one, let's work as a team," said Marybeth.

"I can walk, don't mind me."

Rem then tried to get up, but he can't. His injuries were prohibiting him.

"See? You needed help. As your partner here and girlfriend, let me give it to you, please!" Marybeth said while squatting down to offer her back.

Rem breathed deeply and gave in. He put his wrist over Marybeth's shoulder and just let her carry him. He felt comfortable and just let his head rest.

"I've been looking all over for you," said Rem.

"Me too," Marybeth replied.

"How'd you find me?"

"I actually don't have the idea that the scream was yours."

"Scream? It's not me... I think that was Anthony AlPher's."

"So, you beat Anthony?"

"Yeah," said Rem nodding. "I almost died fighting him. We were allies yesterday and then, we're enemies. We even teamed up against Pleigh and Pitrus."

"So, Pleigh and Pitrus were dead now."

"Yup."

"Oh, my!"

"Anthony actually tried to poison me. I just smelled the hemlock. So, I have no choice but to fight."

"Shane too... We were together for a day and then she went crazy."

"Shane Madahara... I'm not surprised."

"Why?"

"She and Ivy Fernandez are not that friendly."

Rem intended to start the conversation because he knew Marybeth was struggling to carry him. They continued talking until the reach the end of a stream, which was a waterfall that was about eight meters tall.