Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Mike was sitting next to Vic, an arm around his shoulders as Jinxx and I came into the deputy's office; Vic was shaking and still in tears. Mike looked up at us sadly, before he turned his attention back to Vic, trying to calm him down.

Vic honestly looked like he was in shock. Jinxx and I were brought directly into the deputy's office and the deputy looked up at us, indicating for us to take a seat.

We both sat down, keeping our heads down as the deputy addressed us.

"You want to tell me what just happened boys?"

"Andy had nothing to do with it sir," Jinxx said automatically, standing up for me. "He didn't get involved at all."

The deputy looked to me as I kept my gaze down. He looked between me and Jinxx.

"Jeremy, I want you to stay here. Andy, you can go back to class."

I nodded and stood up, Jinxx just watching me sadly as I walked out. Mike was still trying to calm Vic down a bit more as I came over. He looked up as I sat down next to Vic.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked quietly, even though I could tell that he was far from it.

Vic looked up at me, a few tears still running down his face.

"Why didn't you do anything?" he asked. "Why didn't you say something?"

I just looked at him and went to respond, but couldn't find the words. I just looked away and put my gaze to the floor.

"That's what I thought," Vic said, disappointment touching his tone.

He looked away.

"Because I couldn't."

Both Mike and Vic looked at me in confusion.

"You don't understand," I said with a shake of my head. "You just...you don't understand. I couldn't help; I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to!"

Mike kept looking at me.

"Andy, what're you talking 'bout? Whatcha mean?"

I just shook my head.

"Forget it. Forget I said anything."

"Andy-."

"I gotta get back to class," I interrupted, standing up and walking out.

***

Ronnie's Point of View:

"I'm very sorry about having to bring you down here again Mr. Radke, but we really need to talk about your son."

I sat outside the principal's office, listening to the conversation between the principal and my father. They'd called him straight after I'd been sent down here and he'd been far from happy when he saw me outside the office again. They'd called him away from work, and I knew I was gonna hear it when I got home.

I finally looked up from the floor, catching Mike's gaze. He and Vic were still over the other side of the room and Mike looked at me sadly, clearly knowing I was about to get suspended, maybe even expelled. I'd caused enough trouble to be expelled by now.

I just switched my gaze back to the floor, letting my mind wander for a while and not really hearing what was being said to my dad.

None of us were really sure what'd actually happened and why Andy'd called for help. I'd have to find that out from someone, maybe Jinxx, as I knew Vic wouldn't talk about it to anyone. He seemed to be still rather shaken up from the whole thing.