The night

"Headmaster. I have some very bad news for you." Snape said while entering Dumbledoor's office.
"Serverus! My boy! Come on in"
"Don't 'Severus my boy' me, Albus. It's about potter and his....guardians." He was still mad about calling them Harry's guardians...they were just bastards to him. Albus's twinkling blue eyes turned to ice at  the mention of Harry.
"Serverus.."
"His guardians abused him. They wanted him dead, Albus! He was heistating telling me. But then he broke down. He cried for a good two hours. The Dursley's beat him, starved him, and called him a freak! Albus.. Please tell me.."
" I knew it was bad, but if I knew they do all that, I wouldn't have allowed it. Never."
"Potter will NOT go back, Albus. Not under my presence."
"Your presence? Are you saying that you want guardianship over Harry Potter, serverus? The twinkle was back in his eyes.
"Maybe I am. I mean I did-" Snape stopped suddenly. He's not going to tell Albus that he comforted and bounced Harry on his knees. No way.
"You did what Serverus?" The headmaster was smirking now.
"I just comforted him to the best of my abilities. It's not like I was treating him like a child." Snape knew well that he was, but there was no way in hell that he would admit it to anyone but Harry and himself. "Goodnight, headmaster"

  Harry was sitting up now. He had a terrifying dream of Draco and his clan making fun of him about Serverus treating him like a baby. As the events of this evening washed over him, he knew it was gonna happen. The crying, telling Snape about the Dursley's, bouncing on his proffeser's knee. It was true. He's probably in his private quarters right now. He was thinking when he heard the fireplace. Serverus flooed somewhere? Well he WAS asleep. He heard Snape's boots clicking up the stairs. He heard him slowly turn the handle to the room he was in.
"I'm awake. You don't have to be so quiet." Harry said in a low voice.
"As I can see. Sleep well, I presume?"
"No, not really.I had a terrifying dream about-" Harry knew that malfoy was in Snape's house of slytheriens, so he didn't want to offend him after all he did for him.
"Go on. About whom?"
"Draco" Harry said in a quiet voice he didn't recognize.
"And what about Mr. Malfoy?"
"He treated me like a baby because he found out about last night" Snape was speechless. He would NOT let anyone find out about the evening they had, especially Draco. For him And potter's sake.
"Potter, there is no way I am letting ANYONE but you and me know about last night. Am I clear?"
"Yes sir" Harry felt a little better after his proffeser said that.
"Oh and potter, I have some things for you. Come here. And no I'm not going to hit you" Harry slowly got out of the bed and towards his professor. Snape picked him up swiftly and headed downstairs. Snape picked up a bag of things that looked child-like. He took out the first item(which was pull-ups).
"A-are those f-for m-me?" Harry stuttered, close to the verge of tears. No one has ever gotten him anything. Even if it was for a baby, Harry couldn't be more happy.
"Now potter, I know you may not like them, but with the abuse you went through, I wouldn't be surprised if they denied you the right to the-" Harry lunged forward and hugged Snape.
"No one has ever bought me anything like this. You care about me. Thank you." Harry said through happy tears.
"What the- potter, I do care. I will get you anything you need if it's acceptable. Speaking of caring- please don't have another tantrum potter- I will be taking guardianship of you."
"You will?!" Potter almost shouted. Almost. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Snape was happy and confused.
"Does this mean no more-"
"Potter. Repeat what I said last night."
"I wouldn't be seeing them under your presence"
"Correct. And I'll keep my word, I promise. Now on to the other things"
"You bought other things? But-"
"No buts. I will buy anything I deem appropriate for you"
"Thank you professor" Snape grabbed a stuffed griffin.
"I thought you would like to have some toys.. Not because you are a child but because you didn't have a childhood."
"I love him!" Harry exclaimed and he hugged the griffin. "And you" Harry referring to Snape lunged at him to hug him. Snape's heart felt weird. Had The Harry Potter said he loved him?
"Him?" Snape asked referring to the stuffed griffin.
"Yep"
"Aren't you a little too old to be naming and gender rolling toys?"
"Yes, but I'm too old to wear pull-ups and you still bought them for me."
"Fair point. Right now, I think someone needs his sleep" Snape noticing the sleepy boy in his arms. He quickly got the child ready for bed. The first night was down in the books.