What Even Was His Life

Notes:

It's Dec 2, 2020, I'm currently going through and heavily editing this series. Not just spelling errors and grammatical errors and formating but also adding and deleting some stuff to make it sound better. {I also have been adding more emotion to Derek because I feel like I didn't really do Sterek justice, until later in the series.} Anyway, if you've already read this series and are coming back through, I thought I should explain why things look different. Anyway thanks for reading

 <><><>

Outside POV:

Stiles never told anyone about this. Not even his soul brother Scott. His dad knew about it, well, kind of. His cousins. From his mom's side. They used to visit a lot when he was younger. They came with their dad—his uncle. But after a while, they came less and less. And then they stopped coming altogether.

Stiles always wondered why, but eventually, he forgot about them. Not that he wanted to, but with all the supernatural stuff that was happening, he was swamped. But one thing he never told anyone was this book he found. It was in his cousin's bag the very last time they came. There was a leather-bound book. It was filled to the brim with lore. All about the supernatural: of course, when he found it, he thought it was bull shit.

Like how could any of that stuff be real, right? Well, he was wrong, of course, but at the time, it didn't make any sense to him. So he thought ahead just for research purposes; he took pictures of it and put it back. He was going to ask them about it the next time they came back, but they never returned. So he just forgot about all of this until today.

There was a pack meeting being held at Derek's loft. There was something going around town and killing people. Well, they thought it was killing, But they never found the people or the bodies. But they discussed what it could be, and Scott was telling Derek some things he found out from some of the people near the place where people went missing.

"They said they heard people screaming, but whenever they went to check, they couldn't find them, and there have been a lot of people taken by whatever it is," Scott said to everyone as well.

Stiles feels like he's read things similar before. He opens his phone and flips through the photos just out of habit when he lands on it—one of the pages in his cousin's books. Holy Crap. This kind of explained things. It was almost winter. So that would explain some things.

"Uhh... guys, I think I know what it is," Stiles said, and everyone stopped and looked at him.

Derek gave him an eyebrow that said, really? But Stiles started saying what he had seen on his phone from memory.

"Wendigo is a Cree Indian word. It means "the evil that devours." They're hundreds of years old. Each was once a man, sometimes an Indian, or other times a frontiersman or a miner or hunter. During some harsh Winter, a person finds himself starving, cut off from supplies or help -- becomes a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp. Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities -- speed, strength, immortality. If you eat enough of it, over the years, you become this less-than-human thing. You're always hungry." He said in a monotone voice.

Everyone was staring at him.

Peter spoke up, though, "So Stiles, you think this thing is a Wendigo."

Stiles seems to snap out of whatever trance he was in and responded. "Uh yeah, I mean, it makes sense, right. It's almost winter, so the Wendigo is filling up on food for the winter. And a lot of people went missing, so..."

This time, Allison spoke up."Stiles, how'd you even know about it. I've read the Bestiary a few times, and that wasn't anywhere in there."

Stiles glanced at his phone, "Uh, just something I read on the internet somewhere."

All the wolves could tell he was lying. Most of the humans could tell he was lying, actually.

Peter spoke up again, "Stiles, you know we can tell when you're lying, right."

Stiles knew, but he could exactly tell them his cousins might be hunters. I mean, they barely trusted Allison and her dad. And what if his cousins ever came back. Yeah, no, lying it is.

"Uhhh, I'm just gonna go research more. Bye," He left.

He knows it makes him guilty, but he didn't really want to answer anything before he knew everything. So he got into his jeep and drove home to read all the texts on his phone completely. And add it to his own bestiary he'd been making.

He was looking through the photos he printed out from his phone. It was so much information. Way more information than the Argents had. If this was all true. There were so many supernatural things they didn't know about.

And how could he ever tell his pack about this? They would need to know where he got his information from. But he couldn't tell. He made up his mind he'd have to find a way to lie to a werewolf.

His first plan to start was to understand more about the supernatural was to call one of the numbers in the book. There were two.

1-884-384-3498 and next to it said Bobby Singer.

The other was 1-866-907-3235, and it said Dean next to it.

Dean was obviously his cousin, the older one. And calling him now would be hard to explain. Plus, he just wanted answers, so Bobby it is.