He Knew What He Wanted

Outside POV:

The next time Stiles woke, he was in his bedroom. It was empty. He remembered what happened before he fainted. And was kind of impressed with himself. He was right. Why did anyone ever doubt him? Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway cause it worked. He really wanted to call Bobby and tell him it was successful. But he'd have to wait. Cause he didn't think he could go to the Jungle right now. 

So he'd do it tomorrow. Maybe on his way to school. Wait, school! What time was it? Shit, he's missing school. It's 9:00 am.

 Why didn't anyone wake him? With all his moving around, Derek opened the window and slid inside.

"Stiles, what are you doing?" Derek asked nonchalantly.

At the sound of his voice, Stiles fell off his bed and glared at Derek.

"I should put a bell on you," Stiles grumbled.

"Ha Ha, now why are you moving? You should be resting." Derek said, full of equal parts sarcasm, and concern. 

"Aw, Sourwolf, I never knew you cared," Stiles said, as he dramatically held his hand above his heart. 

"But I've gotta go to school." Stiles finished. 

Derek just gave him a weird look and sighed.

"Stiles, you're injured; you should stay home. How are you even gonna walk?" With that, Derek's eyebrow moved with expression.  

"Well, I'm all for staying home because I'm tired, but the school's gonna call my dad. And do you wanna tell him why I skipped." Stiles asked.

And he was met with utter silence from Derek. Stiles rolled his eyes.

"I thought so. Anyway, why are you here?" Stiles said as he slowly got up and went to change.

"Scott had to go to school. So I was supposed to stay until you woke up." Derek said, relaxing against the wall.

Stiles realized what he said next was rude, but he really wanted to call Bobby. And having Derek here, he couldn't.

"Well, thanks, Derek, but I'm up, so you could leave now. I'm fine now." Stiles said as he picked up his backpack and left his room. 

Derek's face was sad, but Stiles didn't even notice. Stiles slowly went down the stairs. Then he grabbed his car keys and left for school. Well, sort of.

Sure he headed to school eventually. Maybe, later though. Stiles just took a left turn down into town and parked near a grocery store. The parking lot was pretty packed for it being so early. But anyway, Stiles went to the least crowded part and took out his phone and dialed Bobby's number. 

After a few rings, Bobby picked up, "Singer."

"Uh, yeah, hey Bobby, this is Stiles, remember?" Stiles said.

"Oh yeah, did you have any problems with the Wendigo?" Bobby asked, curious to get a return call.

"No, not really; I found it hiding in a cave. And I lured it out and set it on fire. Thanks for the fire thing; by the way, it went down pretty easy after that." Stiles said thankfully.

"You took down your first Wendigo, no problem, huh? You're pretty good kid. You have any place you're heading next?" Bobby asked Stiles.

But that confused Stiles, next? What did Bobby mean next?

"No, I don't really have a next," Stiles said, still unsure what he was saying.

He later blames his fainting before for his slow thinking.

"You could come down to South Dakota, near Sioux Falls. We could meet up, and I could teach you a bit more. If you want." Bobby offered.

Stiles really wanted to; going to South Dakota was only a day's drive. He really wants to, but he'd have to tell his dad. And what exactly would he tell him? 

Stiles must have been silent too long because Bobby said, "You don't have to kid if you're busy come down some other time." 

Stiles was gonna say something that was probably stupid, but well, he can't always be the smart one.

"Uh, I'm actually still in school," Stiles says lamely. 

Neither spoke. Stiles because he was scared that Bobby would tell him he's too young. And Bobby because, what! How young was this kid? He knew he was young, but now he was worried.

"Kid, how old are you?" Bobby asks, needing to know now.

Damn it; Stiles should've kept his mouth shut. But if he was ever gonna meet this guy, he had to tell him the truth now.

"I'm 16. And I know what you're probably gonna say, but I need to know more. And if it's not from you, I learn more myself." Stiles said all in one breath.

Stiles let out a deep long breath after he got it out.

"You're 16? And you took down a Wendigo yourself! Damn kid! But you shouldn't be mixed up in this supernatural crap storm. And even though I know this is stupid but I'll teach you only if you follow my rules while you're here. And I wouldn't mind an extra set of hands." Bobby still offered.

Stiles couldn't believe he still said yes. That Bobby would still teach him. Luck was definitely on his side today. 

"But if you still have some normalcy like a school, you should continue it," Bobby said as an afterthought.

Stiles frowned; if he went to school, he couldn't be taught. Was this Bobby turning him down? 

"But summer is in 3 weeks. So come on by then." Bobby finished.

 Stiles face brightened. YES! Stiles gave a mini fist pump. Oh...wait...his dad. Crap. What would he tell his dad?

"Um, Bobby, small problem. I live with my dad. And he doesn't know about all the supernatural yet. I want to keep that way, to be honest. But I don't know how to get away." Stiles says, stressing his concern.

'Damn, the kid still had a family?' Bobby thought. Why was he even involved in the first place?

"How about you say you got an internship. You could work for me. I'm sure you could come up with what type of job you're a smart kid. Stay for the summer, and then head back when you're done. Alright?" Bobby offered a solution.

Okay, Stiles could work with that. Yeah, he could definitely work with that.

"Yeah. And thanks for everything, Bobby." Stiles said, smiling even though Bobby couldn't see it.

"Bye, kid," Bobby said.

And Stiles hung up and looked around the parking lot. It was looking a lot emptier. He looked at the time and decided school could wait another day. So he headed home to prepare a proper story. And try to find a way to trick a werewolf into believing a lie.