Part 7: Slenderman

"The what?" I stared at Clarice. "What does this curse you speak of have anything to do with why we are human?"

Clarice looked at each of us in return. "You all have it?" We all nodded in unison. Yet she didn't answer the question. "Could you show me?"

Offenderman smiled his grin that only looked appealing when he was naked in a trench coat. Other than that, he was just plain stupid looking. "I can show you much more than a little symbol on my arm, Sweetie." He took a step forward. "How about we go to your room. I'll show you something better."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. "Listen ya horn dog, we do NOT have time for your constant failed attempts at wooing a woman. Your much better at it when you were a grey tentacle monster. Oh wait! Maybe all the chicks you had sex with had weird fetishes of being fucked by a tentacle monster. They were just thinking 'ooh all my hentai dreams come true! Stick your tentacle up my butt, Senpai!'"

Offenderman glared at me. "Why are you so mean?"

"Because I'm the only damn person trying to fix things. Now, please show this nice lady your symbols before I start saying a lot more."

My brothers showed Clarice the symbol on their arms while staring at the floor. I had no idea why I was the only one trying to fix what had happened to us. It was utterly wrong that they were complaining about how they hated their lives but had no care to try and fix the situation. Even though I was older I felt like I shouldn't be the one to put in all the effort. If Clarice couldn't fix this then I would give up and deal with the suffering, but there was still one question that lingered in my head: now that we are human, could we die and cease to exist? If so, what about the Manor? Who would take my place if I ceased to exist in the world I alone had created? What would happen to my Proxies? If I died, they wouldn't know exactly know how to live. Their existence revolved around me. Oh no. What are they doing now? Are they okay? Yes, I may be a former monster who crafted this secret world, but I loved my children. It made me sad to know that they didn't have me there to lend a guiding hand. I hoped that this could be fixed so I could return to my children and my home.

Clarice sighed. "The only way to reverse the effects is a sacrifice of the one - or ones - who truly hold your heart. It is the ONLY way to reverse the effects."

I stared at Clarice. That would mean I kill my children. My Toby, Masky, and Hoodie. I couldn't do that. No, I'd rather stay mortal and die an old man's death. Yes, that is what I must do. I could not kill my children. "Clarice, what happens if we do not do this?"

Clarice looked at me with a look that screamed sorrow. "Then in 3 days time you will die. It will not be a nice slow death. No, this death will be extremely painful. Your bones will shift to try and force your body back to the body it once was. Due to your body being human, the extreme force that will be needed will tore you apart from the inside out. I've seen it happen and I have had to clean up the gory mess it left behind."

The idea of being ripped apart from the inside out was very unpleasing, but I couldn't bring myself to imagine harming my children. "Thank you, Clarice. We will take this into great consideration."

With that, I left into the cruel world that demanded I destroy my life or die a miserable death. Sighing, I disappeared into the night. This would take some time to figure out. A lot of decision making. If I did do this, I would have to live without my children. I would have to go on without hearing their voices down the hall while they argued who got the last waffle. I have to talk to them somehow. Their opinions mattered before I made this decision. Only, how would I get in contact with them?