Part 5

Emily Prentiss' POV

"Derek, I'm sure I've seen something that could help us. I'm sure I've noticed something important. But I need your help to remember."

"Emily... I'm not sure it's good for you right now. You've been under a lot of stress in the last hours. You have a concussion and what you really need right now is some rest."

"You know I won't be able to rest knowing that I'm in possession of vital information. Please, Derek."

"Okay then..." he resigns.

I sit straight and I close my eyes. Derek start talking softly.

"Okay. You're back from the hospital, you're with JJ. The sun's getting down slowly. You're not in your house yet, do you notice something strange? How do you feel?"

I'm getting down the SUV, relieved to be finally home with my little girl. I know that tomorrow I'm gonna see my son and I can't wait for us to be an almost-complete family again. I'm a little stresses by the fact that it's the first time I'm getting back home for real since Aaron's death. But I feel ready this time. It will probably be hard, but I have to have a fresh start. I take Lindsey's car seat and head to the front door. Though, it feels strange. I feel like I'm being observed by someone who shouldn't be there. I look around quickly. I see a white van parked on the other side of the street. What if...? No, I'm being to paranoid right now. My neighbors were selling their house a bit before Aaron died. By the time I've came back, they must've sold it and this my new neighbors' van. But why would they park it in the street instead of in their driveway or garage? Okay. I really need to go back to work as soon as possible because my mind is analysing everything. I sigh and walk in, heading to my daughter's bedroom to put her in bed and I walk straight to my bed, after telling JJ she can wait till doing some cleaning.

"There was this white van parked on the street which I assumed was my neighbors' because they were new and I thought it was theirs. So I didn't pay it much attention."

"Okay, let's continue. It's the morning..."

I get woken up by Penelope and Carolyn who just arrived. I look at my phone: 7:27am. I slowly get out of my bed, rubbing my eyes. I walk out of my bedroom and hear Lindsey crying as I was getting downstairs. I walk to her bedroom and hold her. I reassure her so she stops crying and I go downstairs. The kids are already there, Penelope and Carolyn made them breakfast. JJ is about to leave. Penelope pulls my chair so I can sit. Oliver is very happy that I'm back. I look through the window and I notice the van is still there.

"Nothing really significant..."

"Do you wanna jump to the event right away?"

I take a deep breath.

"I think that's where I have more information."

"Okay then..."

I'm woken up by the front door slamming. I walk to the front door, holding my daughter tight. The van is there. I notice the licence plate. A plate from California. I walk to the kitchen, I get myself a glass of water. Turning back, I briefly see the Unsub...

"6FID528. A licence plate from California. The Unsub..."

I freeze the moment in my head. The moment right before the Unsub hit me. I try to think as hard as I can.

"Emily!"

I'm shaken by Derek and I'm pulled out of my thoughts. I feel something wet on my face, I realize that my nose bleeds. But it doesn't bother me.

"Emily, are you okay?" Derek asks, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It was a she."