Chapter Twenty Five

Ravenheart stood watching as the five apprentices stood waiting to get their warrior names. It had been four moons since Cloudpaw's death and all the apprentices had trained hard.
      "It's time to celebrate, as we see five new warriors join our ranks," Mistystar started," we are sad that it is not six and Cloudpaw will always be rembered, but time must move on." Mistystar moved in front of Ashpaw. "From now on you will be known as Ashfang." She moved in front of Juniperpaw," You will be known as Juniperpelt," she moved in front of Breezepaw," Your new name is Breezestorm," she then moved in front of Mosspaw," You will be known as Mossclaw, in honor of your father,"
       Ravenheart starred at Mistystar with surprise. She saw many questioning looks also being flown at Mistystar. Was she meaning Jayclaw or Eagleclaw?
      She ignored the clan and then stood in front of Poppypaw," Since you were old enough to leave the nursery, you reminded me of a cat I once knew. He is long gone but I do believe Poppyheart will suit you as a name,"
     The clan then started to chant," Ashfang! Juniperpelt! Breezestorm! Mossclaw! Poppyheart!"
     Ravenheart went and stood next to her daughter. Poppyheart's eyes were lit with excitement. "I love my new name!" She meowed," do you know who she named me after?"
      "Well she said he, so that brings me to believe she named you after Oakheart, her father." Ravenheart meowed licking her daughter over the ear. She then went over to where Breezestorm and Mossclaw stood.
      "I wonder why she named me after Jayclaw? I didn't realize I was a lot like him," Mossclaw was meowing.
      "Maybe she wanted to name you after a cat so you would not see yourself above everyone else. Everyone makes mistakes and that's a leason you have failed to remember."
       Mossclaw dipped his head. "Sorry, Ravenheart."
     "Breezestorm seemed to be watching the sky," do you think Mistystar named me storm after Cloudpaw?"
     "She might have. She might have also see strength in you that will lead to power and thought the name fit."
     "I like the idea of me being named after Cloudpaw better," Breezestorm meowed," but the other one isn't horrible either."
..................
      Ravenheart looked at the half eaten rabbit on Riverclan territory. Darkclan's smell was all over it. Ravenheart had lead a patrol consisting of of Tumblepool, her apprentice Graypaw, and Breezestorm.
       "We should report this to Mistystar," she sniffed the air," it's fresh. Graypaw go back and tell Mistystar. Ask her to send a second patrol." The apprentice ran off toward camp. The patrol of cats creeped along following the scent trail. It went over the border and Ravenheart stood up. Her eyes searched the lands beyond and she spotted a cat running away not far ahead. Breezestorm gave a small growl and was about to chase after but Ravenheart blocked her with her tail. "Mistystar will decide what we do."
      Soon the second patrol arrived with Mistystar in the lead. Ravenheart explained what they found and saw.
      Mistystar seemed deep in thought. "We will strengthen our scent on this border. If that doesn't work, I will think of something else." The two patrols quickly covered the border with new scent marks.
      Mistystar had already led her patrol back to camp. Ravenheart gathered her patrol and headed back, glancing back. Somewhere back there, was Darkclan cats. Somewhere back there was a cat she use to call brother.
.................
        Silverfrost watched as the patrol left, lead by Bramblestar. Bramblestar was going to speak with the other clans about Darkclan. Many times the border had been crossed by Darkclan cats. Bramblestar was going out to see if other clans were having the same problem and if they knew where the Darkclan camp was.
         Silverfrost wished she could have been on the patrol. She wanted to check on Ravenheart but mostly, she wanted to see how Mosspaw was. She had seen little of him and his littermates because of them getting in to trouble all the time.
      Silverfrost glanced over to the medicine den. Ambermoon and Dewnose had gotten injured when a fox burrow collaspse when they were on patrol. Dewnose was recovering quickly but Ambermoon had taken the brunt of it. She rarely woke since the accident seven sunrises ago.
      Silverfrost felt a pelt brush against her and she turned her head to see Fernsong. He gave a purr and she returned it with another purr. "I hope your not too bummed about not going on the patrol," he murmured.
      "You know I am," she sighed
      "And you know why he didn't bring you with," he meowed glancing at her belly.
      She gave a small hiss. "Shush!"
     "Not talking about it won't make it disaper," he sighed.
      "I know... But if my brother finds out..."
      "He has his own kits to worry about. Anyway, if he was to try and take them, he would have to do it over both yours and my dead bodies,"
      Silverfrost sighed and looked away," I would rather they become warriors without him realizing they are mine,"
         "He never took Ravenheart's kits. What makes you think he would take ours?"
       "When Ravenheart's kits were young, Darkclan was brand new. He couldn't risk stealing kits. Now Darkclan is stronger and could easily steal and defend stolen kits."
       Fernsong turned to stare into Silverfrost's eyes. "You worry to much," he murmured licking her cheek," the clan would never let him take them. We also still have two moons until they are to be born. We have time,"