Broken Soul - Chapter 1

Annabelle’s Pov  

My name is Annabelle Smith and this is my story. It all started the day I turned sixteen, the day I’d find my mate and be complete.  But that would also signify the 11th anniversary of my parent’s death and the day the abuse started.

My mom Elaina was the most beautiful woman in the whole world. She had long waist-length fiery red hair with grey smoky eyes. And my dad Richard was very handsome with his dark brown hair and hazel light brown eyes. My parents were the perfect couple. My mom was so funny, cheerful, sweet and had a special mother’s touch to care for all of us my older brother Max, my older sister sister Ella and finally the baby of the family me.

My mom was rather fat but dad said she was just pregnant. I woke up and felt my tummy grumble. I was hungry i went downstairs to find some food to put into my growling stomach. I found the cookie jar on top of the counter but i was too short. I found the little stool and pushed it near it and climb my chubby self up. I got the jar and was going back down but it was too heavy and it fell out of my tiny hands and broke.

I heard my dad’s voice first followed by my mom as they rushed downstairs to look for a intruder. My mom was in my dad’s clothes and my dad was just in his casual clothes. My dad rushed over to me “You okay sweetie” he asked. I nodded my head yes while my mother scolded me for breaking the jar. I was sad, mommy didn’t love me anymore.

I ran outside the door and into the woods. I was deep in the woods crying and sniffling when I heard a clicking sound. Startled I turned my head to see a young woman with a gun pointed at me. I jerked back in surprised but was saved when my parents came into view. My dad seemed to have known the woman while my mom was in a state of shock just staring at the woman.

Then suddenly my dad let out a loud roar and shifted to his dark brown wolf and attacks the lady and that was when I heard the bang of the gun. I turned around to see my mom fall and rushed to her side. My dad also turned around and shifted back to himself. The lady and her other friends took this as an advantage and I heard the lady say something before she pulled the trigger and shot my dad right in front of me. Before he died he said “Never give up on what you believe in”. And just like that he was gone, and then I heard the paws of wolves beating against the ground.

My pack I cheered in my head and I was shocked to find all of the hunters gone. When my pack finally came. It was too late my parents the only persons I’ve ever loved and trusted were gone. I cried for them I hugged them close to me feeling that they would wake up and we would go home together as a family. But it never came instead I felt a slap to my face. “You killed them” my sister Ella shouted at me. My brother Max had held her back but you could see in his eyes that he too was upset but also that he understood,

I cried even louder. I put my head down and cried silently Christian, our alpha’s son stood before me and looked at me with disgust for some weird reason it hurt me. Christian was the exact age as my brother nine years old, while my sister Ella was just seven and me just five years old. And that day was the day I died. The day I lost the biggest part of me my parents, my family, my everything.

Monday Morning

I woke up to jolt. Stupid Ana I told myself it has been 11 years and I still can’t let them go. I thought it was a nightmare and that I'd see them again wishing me a Happy Birthday but reality came to me. I frowned once i realized they were indeed dead. I sighed and got up to looked outside the window just great I murmured to myself the place looked bleak and depressing. Just to match my mood. I got up and put on some comfy pants and my favourite plaid shirt with my black docs and went off to school but not before I stopped at the cemetery to look for my parents since noone else would do it.