CHAPTER 27

Manik comes back from soha's room... And seems to be very tensed.....  a war is taking place between his mind and his heart but he is unaware of the fact that his heart has accepted nandini....
While manik was walking in the corridor, hopeless about his future neonika caught hold of him...

Neonika:manik are u fine....
Manik spreads a smile across his face...
Manik :yes mom...
Neonika: i am very happy ki tumne soha se saadhi karne ka decision liya hai.....
Manik looks at neonika....
Not being able to express his feelings he prefers to remain quiet..
Neonika: i am so happy about you beta....
Manik:but dad manenge...
Neonika: tumhare dada abhi 2 months ke liye korea gaye hai... Kuch kaam ke silsile mein... But don't worry mein unse baat kar lungi...
Manik nodes and was to leave when again stopped by neonika...
Neonika: ek second beta..... Tumse ek favor chahiye...
Manik:yes mom...
Neonik takes out some papers and hands it over to manik...
Manik:yeah kya hai mom...
Neonika: divorce papers....
Manik is left shocked with trembling hands.....he has no idea about what is he doing.... And whatever is he doing is true or not.... His heart squeezed inside his chest..... He felt the pain but ignores it...
Neonika: dekho baby... Ab yahan sabko pata chal gaya hai ki nandini se tumhari saadi ho chuki hai... Aise mein tum soha se saadi karoge toh....(neonika grins) U know that's not good for our reputation... Isiliye formalities ke liye nandini se yeh paper sign karwa lena... Ok....
Neonika looks at manik's face which was covered with clouds of thoughts....
Neonika: manik beta... Are you listening...
Manik brokes his thoughts out
Manik:yes mom...
Neonika:toh jayo.....
Maniks with all his guts moved to his room with the papers... As manik left.. A devilish smile spread on neonika's face....
Neonika: shi... Shi.... Shi... Manik yeh kya karne ja rahe ho...rukh jao aisa mat karo.....
Neonika brusts with laughter...
Neonika: jao manik.... Apna kaam karo..... Nahi nahi... Mera kaam karo...ab tum mujhpe itna bharosa larte ho usme meri kya galti.....ab mein tumhe kaise bataun... Ki woh toh divorce ke papers hai hi nahi.... Woh toh property papers hai jisme likha he ki nandini ne khushi khushi apne sari property hamare naam kar diya hai.... Ab uss chote se village ke 90 peecent property ki owner toh nandini hai......

Nenonika grins.... With a smile....

Manik comes back to his room to see nandini sitting on the bed with her knees touching her chest... She is upset with whatever is happening... The one she has loved all her life is going to marry another girl..... She is left heartbroken and is not in the condition to utter a single word....
Manik moves to nandini......

Manik: nandini...

Nandini didn't respond

Manik: nandini yeh kuch papers hai in pe apki sign chahiye....

Manik passes the papers to nandini...

Nandini: konse papers.... (without looking towards manik)

Manik takes a pause...
Manik: hamare divorce papers....

Nandini looks at manik's emotionless face.... She atleast wanted to see a small drop of tears from manik's eyes.... But to her surprise manik was expressionless....

She picked up those papers.....she turns her head down......emotions were flooding out of nandini in the form of tears..... She was controlling them... But they sneak out of nandini's eyes as soon as she placed the papers in her lap to sign them...... When manik offers her a pen to sign..... He saw few drops of tears have already settled on the papers and more were making there ways from nandini's eyes...

Aasmaan tera mera hua
Khwaab ki tarah dhuaan dhuaan
Aasmaan tera mera hua
Saans ki tarah ruaan ruaan