Chapter Four

As always I wake up shower , get dressed, do my hair and makeup and leave to go to the harbour. I sit down in front of the waves as my thoughts lead me away from reality.

I get up and begin to slowly walk towards school. People pass me on their bikes and the few teens walking around give me hard glares. Overtime I got used to the glares from people my age and the pitiful looks from the adults, but no one went against Evan and Evion at least not since there sister 'died'.

I reach the front gates of the school. I take in a slight ragged breath before walking through. As always walking through the corridors I get glares, hard, stone cold, dig me ten feet deep glares. What can I do about them? Nothing! But what will it matter anyway this just really isn't worth thinking about.

I grab my bags from my locker and begin my journey to French. As I walk through the crowds I curse that French is the other side of the school. "Oh, look at that, it's the slut that nearly died coughing yesterday. You know you gave me a headache bitch. I wish you would of died" I heard a common voice behind me I turn around to see the one and only, yeh you guessed it, Claire. " it would do is all a favour if she did" Evion said laughing while the others joined in. Me? Oh I tried to turn around, but as always the keyword 'tried' was put in place. I felt a large strong grip on my shoulder making me wince. "Don't you dare turn away from me you bitch" Evan said lowly turning me back around. SLAP. Another slap to my face twice in one week! I turned my head to be met by the smiling face of Evion. The hurt began building inside of me yet again, I am already dying, can't that be enough! I turned around heading to the girls bathroom not caring that I walked off.

I sat locked in a cubicle feeling a little dizzy, the pain in my lungs has increased a lot since yesterday and to be honest I have no idea how to cope with it or anything in life to be honest. I was trying to calm myself down for two reasons in particular one being obvious, I don't want to let them win and two for the fact that if I will get upset I will need more air and I don't exactly think my lungs would cope with that.

It's now lunch time I missed all but one of my lessons so far, I start my journey to the oak tree not bothering to eat anything. I take out my sketchbook and begin to draw. I keep sketching trying to avoid the suns intense raze. I look down at my now finished drawing it's one of my favourites yet! There's a girl looking so pretty but she's in front of a mirror that's broken. So many emotions are in my drawing I'm actually surprised I managed to draw something like this. I smile at my drawing closing my notebook and placing it in my bag. I stand up and begin to walk to my locker, i speed up to a fast walk when I see a group starting to approach my way.

Opening my locker I pick up my math book and go to bring my hand out when my locker is slammed into my hand. I let out a scream as my fingers are now looking rather, eh yeh broken. I look up at my bullies before running off to the nurse to get them fixed up.

"Dear I'm afraid that these are indeed broken, I will bandage you up and then you can head off home" Nurse Moore said giving me a sad smile while I simply nod in reply still cradling my poor hand. She began bandaging from my wrist down because apparently it's sprained, I wouldn't have realised from worrying about my four broken fingers anyway.

I left the school exit and began a slow stroll to the harbour. I sit down on the concrete while the wind blows my hair everywhere. "I wondered if you would ever return but now even if you do it will be to late" I whisper as I watch the waves roll calmly in and out.

I've been sitting here for hours staring out to sea. I stand up brushing any dirt off my dark blue leggings. As I begin to walk away I feel tiredness begin to come over me. The sea air always makes me tired but never quite this tired. Sighing I remember I have cancer and that it's probably got something to do with that.

I enter my house and walk straight to my room ignoring the ignorant gazes of my two brothers. I slip on a tank top and some pyjama bottoms and fall asleep very quickly. This day has been one of the hardest days in my life and I've had a lot chucked at me in my sixteen years of living.