Chapter Twelve

Evans POV

I laugh along with Evion, Jake and Jordon, we walk through the lanes back home after a long boring days work. We're all mad at Evangeline for skipping so someone will probably end up beating her up, apparently Jake and Jordon tried being nice to her but gave up. I can't blame them. "Bro you alright?" Evion asked playfully punching my shoulder "yeh" I laugh.

We reach the house and enter. I jog around to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of lucosade out the fridge before we al walk up the stairs. We reach the top and halt to a sudden stop, there on the floor lay a body, Evangeline surrounded in blood.

"Shit, what happened to her!" Evion screams getting down to flip her over so she's facing us what I see is something I never want to see again, my sister that I somehow grew to hate over the years lay beaten, bruised and worst of all bloody. The bruises covered her whole body from her neck to her legs. The blood was all over her now stained clothes, clumped in her hair and covering her body. "What the" Jordon said in shock before rushing into action. "I'll phone an ambulance" he shouted as Jake ran and came back with a damp cloth which I ended up cleaning her face up with the cloth. What I saw was not my sister, the white as paper skin and frail face almost like she was nothing but bones. "What happened to her?" Evion questioned sadly "has someone checked for a pulse? It looks like the blood is coming from her mouth" I say in a hurry as Jake searches for a pulse.

The ambulance arrive and rush her away as we all run to the car ignoring the fact we're basically covered in blood.

As soon as we arrive we all rush in and go to the receptionist "Hi our sister has just been brought in by the ambulance" I say rushing "name" the receptionist asks in a bored tone "Evangeline Wooderin" Evion says while Jake and Jordon give us confused looks "she's currently getting examined please sit over there" she said pointing at the empty seating area.

We all sit impatiently "So, why is she a Wooderin and you all Waters?" Jordon asks curiously "Mum wanted someone to take her name" I shrugged.

After a long silence Evion finally broke it "we did some serious shit" which earned nods from both of the twins and me "I-I don't think that's the only problem here" I shakily sighed which gained all there attention, taking it as a 'carry on' I continued "did you see her face? She looked like de-death itself" I whispered at the end but it was still loud enough for them to hear they sat silently, I noticed the looks of guilt cover there faces the tears in there eyes, that must be how I look. "I guess we should phone mum" Evion sighed and dug his phone out his pocket and began talking to her while the rest of us sat quietly. "She will be half and hour she was coming home early as a surprise anyway" he sighed.

After a while out mum arrived and was freaking out "mum, calm down she will be okay" I sighed "how? Huh, how will she be okay, you told me what you all did to my poor baby but what you didn't know is she is already dying" she screamed which made us all freeze as she sat crying her eyes out. "W-w-what?" Evion choked out "Evangeline has ca-cancer she has less than a month left" she cried.

The shock of what my mother just told me began to sink in as guilt and sadness took over my body as I began to let some tears treacle down my face. I thought of all the things that I had done, the hitting, punching and kicking, the screaming and the yelling. The times I would tell at her for coughing or when we chucked her out on our birthday, that would of been her last birthday and her own triplets chucked her out and beat her up.
All the memories flooded through my mind, why did this all start? Because she convinced our father to go on that fishing trip instead of staying home for our birthday.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard feet approach us. The grim look on there face made my heart stop beating and told me not to expect anything good to come out of this little talk we're about to have. "Please come to our office" the woman said. We all stood up and followed her into a room with her name on the door 'Dr J Amings'. We all sat down in the small office both doctors in front of us. "Hi so I'm Dr Amings and this is Dr Andrews we both worked with Evangeline since she got diagnosed a few weeks back. I'm so sorry to tell you this but Evangeline is dead" she said sadly. I felt my heart rip out, my sister, my triplet is gone. "She past out when she was coughing on blood and must have choked on it while she was passed out" That, What the doctor just told me shattered my heart into a million tiny pieces. I, I am the one who caused this I beat her up. The tears trickled my face. "It appears that she must have gotten beaten up, her body is black and many of her bones broken, I'm not sure she would of survived through that even if she had our help her body was so weak and I don't think her mind was strong enough to keep pushing on, she gave up. I'm so very sorry for your loss"

Do you ever feel so empty, my heart is no longer there, the girl that used to be so happy no longer there, I walked into her room and saw it not as it used to be everything's now a mess, her bed hasn't been made the small specks of blood on the carpet the only thing that stayed the same is her window seat. I slowly walked over to see her drawing pad, I picked it up and traced my finger along the edge before opening it up, what was before me on the page broke me even more, there sat a girl her back to a wall monsters attacking her from every side. I went through more and more of her drawings, I felt the emotions that the drawings portrayed. I sat crying and howling in pain for my sister who I had hated for years.

If only I had known.

I was one of the people that broke my sister.

Now she's dead.

I will never see her again.