Chapter Seven

Waking up on this awful Sunday morning I find myself unable to do anything. My body is so weak, my mind giving up on me. I quietly switch thesmall Tv on that sits at the bottom of my bed and begin watching old versions of 'the bake off ' I mean can you believe that Mary Berry is leaving! How am I supposed to live on! Well guess cancer answered that question for me.

After a few hours I attempt to stand only to wobble and be forced to lie back down. Maybe I should call for help but I would just be taken in to hospital and that's certainly not something I want. So I get as comfy as currently possible and begin to go through the TV guide again and again until I know what's on programs on after each other for just about every channel.

I slowly stand and gain my balance from my long time in bed. I'm officially bored out my mind! If I didn't have this stupid cancer I could go on and try to live as normal a life as this town will let me. I make my way slowly down to the kitchen and get myself a drink of milk. I sit at the breakfast bar slowly trying to drink it. I begin to cough more and more until it begins to go off uncontrollably. My body burns and aches as I try to stop the coughing which makes me taste the small metallic taste of blood. Trying to stop I gain a little control as the front door opens and my two triplets walk in. "Shut the fuck up you bitch" one of my brothers screams as they walk off to most likely play video games. I continue to try and calm down my excessive coughing and choking going on,and spit the amount of blood that gathered in my mouth in the sink and head off to bed not before tipping the remainder of my milk down the drain no longer finding any interest in it.

In my room I sit on my window ledge and begin to draw. My hand shaking ever so slightly holding the pencil as I bring it down to the paper slowly dragging it across the page to begin my design.

After a long time drawing I rip it out my note book and pin it to my pin board above my desk. It's a picture of a little girl surrounded by darkness, hiding her face in her small hands. After making sure it's been securely pinned I go over to my bed and begin to drift off into a dreamless sleep not before having my many worrying and upsetting thoughts that I wish would leave my delicate mind.