Chapter 24: Betrayal

''W-What...!?'' Rainbow bellowed. "B-but why?" She continued.

"Y-You know, don't you?" Pinkie stuttered, with wide eyes at the guard. "But...I...I swear! I'm innocent! I-I can't go to jail! Even if I did do it, it was a mistake! Please! I-I beg you! I can't!" she pleaded, the guard giving her an odd and creeped out stare. His expressions soon reverted back to normal as he said "Relax."

"I'm not going to do that," he snickered lightly. "Anyway, we're here," they landed. "No! I don't wanna go in there!" Pinkie shouted, about to gallop away. "Calm down, Pinks. Everything's going to be fine. Trust me," Rainbow gave Pinkie a reassuring smile, calming the pink pony down. "I-If you say so," Pinkie, with a shy smile, followed the pegasus who made her way into the grim building.

~¤~

"So, why are we here?" Dash asked the guard, proceeding to take a turn out. "You'll see," he retorted, leading them through a dark hall.

"Aaaaaand here we are," he pointed towards a cell. Inside the cell was a pony, a unicorn to be more specific. She looked up, a smile of relief plastered across her face.

"Y-You're here!" she said with joy. "I-I've been waiting forever! I...Thank you!" She continued, getting as close to the two mares as possible, only to be stopped by the bars which separated them.

"It's you..." Dash growled.

"S-Starlight?" Pinkie Pie muttered.

"You started this. All of this," Rainbow Dash yelled at the lilac coloured unicorn.

"W-What?" she asked, baffled.

"Don't act so damn innocent! We all know what you did!"

"What? That? That's it, Dash! It wasn't me! I-I swear!"

"Right, Pinkie?" Starlight glanced at Pinkie, with a large grin. The party pony was horrified. She stared at her with eyes as wide as saucers as she struggled to answer.

"I..."

"I..."

"No! I-I'm not going to cover you, Starlight! I-I'm sorry!" she shouted out after struggling with her words.

"But we're friends! Besides I didn't even kill them, Pinkie! You know that."

"I can't lie for you!"

"You don't need to lie! You never did! I was with you the whole time! You know that, don't you?"

"Stop using her! We all know you did it, Starlight. Just admit it already!" Dash jumped back into the conversation.

"I won't because I didn't!" she yelled before facing Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie, I thought we were friends..."

"I'm sorry but...we aren't after what you did..." she answered, on the verge of tears. "But..." she started with betrayal in her voice.

"You..." her eyes went wide. "You monster!"

"You're a liar! A faker! You're the murderer! Not me! I know you're guilty! Tell them the damn truth!" She shouted with insanity in her flaming eyes.

"Let's go," Dash whispered to her pink friend who nodded in response with tears in her eyes.  They ran off, followed by the royal guard.

"Don't you! No don't leave me! Don't you-"

"Please don't leave me..." she uttered in silence with tears in her bloodshot eyes.

"I...I swear. You're not gonna get away with this...you...betrayer..." she choked out.