Jealousy

(Requested by Wolfe1385 )

Petra's POV

I walked along the streets of beacon town, I hadn't visited here in a long time since Stella hardly gave me any time to myself with all the chores she made me take care of. I just wanted miss butter back, and I don't think she was willing to give it up when she could have me doing all her work for her. I sighed, the llama Stella forced me to look after trotting along beside me happily. I swear Lluna was as happy as I was to be out of Champion city. I looked over at the pure white llama looking around town in facination. I had to admit that though Champion City was impressive, Beacon town was amazing in it's own ways.

Too bad I didn't stick around long enough to realize that. A smile slowly appears on my lips as I realize I can finally see Jessie after not seeing her for so long.

I walked up to the main steps leading to the entrance of the temple, stopping when Jessie and Lukas came into view, they were talking together with huge grins on their faces, Jessie giggling uncontrollably while Lukas just smiled. I felt my heart sink a little, was I away too long? Had Jessie turned to Lukas while I was caught up in my jealousy? I guess I still am caught up in it, just not in the same way as before. I grit my teeth when Lukas wiggles his eyebrows, making Jessie burst into laughter.

Without putting much thought into it, which would be a huge mistake on my part, I marched up the stairs standing beside Lukas defensivley. He looked a little confused, but he replaced it with a smile as he greeted, "Hey Petra! How have you been?" I was about to say something back when Jessie decided to rejoin the conversation. "Yeah." Her voice was soft, sounding a little hurt, "Haven't seen you around in a while." I felt guilt rise up in my throat as Lluna walked up beside me, looking at Lulas and Jessie in confusion.

"Uh... yeah. Sorry that I just bailed out of nowhere." I mumbled, feeling incredibly uncomfortable. Lukas patted my shoulder just a little firmly, making me look over at him in confusion before seeing him smile, "Well we're glad to have you back!" I stared at him for a moment before pulling away, standing next to Jessie as I crossed my arms a little angrily, trying to get my point across. "I'm sure you kept Jessie company while I was gone." I growled, making Jessie sigh and shake her head while Lukas was either clueless, or playing dumb. "I have no clue what you mean. I've been hanging around in Beacon Town since you left to have Jessie give me points for my novel." He said simply, a small smile playing on his, it was a knowing smile that made my jealousy burn even more. "Yeah. I bet." I scoffed rudley, making Jessie finally fed up with my behaviour.

"Petra." Jessie scolded softly, taking my arm and giving Lukas an embarrassed smile, "Give us a moment would you?" She dragged me to the bottom of the steps, shooting a glare towards me, "Seriously Petra?" I shook my head, crossing my arms angrily. I wasn't about to back down from what I know is true. "Come on Jessie. I know I left for a while bu-" she cut me off before I could even finish my rude comment. "Exactly. You left, without telling me!" She restraind herself, like she was going to start screaming at me if she didn't, "I didn't know where you were, or when you'd be comig back..." she was mumbling now? Wrapping her arms around herself, turning away from me. "And suddenly you just show up? Like nothing has changed with, a Llama?" She had to stop herself for a moment to rethink what she had just said before giving her head a shake. "The point is, you have no right to walk in here and not expect me to have got Lukas to be around me. And not in the way you thought." She sighed softly, looking down at the ground, "I didn't know what had happened to you, and Lukas? He was a good distraction with his novel." I was shocked for a moment before walking forward, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Jessie..." I mumbled, not really sure what I should say to make this better. As if she could read my mind, she turned around rather quickly, hugging me as tightly as she could without cutting off my air supply. "Just don't leave again." She breathed out, nuzzling her head into my shoulder. I was shocked for a moment before holding her tightly, ducking my head to rest against hers. "I promise. I'm staying by your side from now on." I mumbled, closing my eyes slowly.

We stood like that for an amout of time that could be considered too ling before Jessie laughed lightly, pulling away. "Were you seriously jealous of Lukas?" She asked with a smile. I blush softly, shaking my head, "Of course I wasn't!" I lied, making her laugh even more.

I never should have left in the first place, but it was good to finally be home.