Chapter 1

"Do that often?"

"Darling you have no idea."

Those were the first words that I and my love had spoken to each other. You see I'm a vampire, have been since 1855, I was turned by an unknown vamp just outside my home town and ever since then I've been traveling the world but I have to say that New York City has to be my home. I came here after my travels to Madrid in 1953, beautiful city, has been and always will be. My first night here was eventful ,very eventful, you see this was the night I met the one and only Raphael Santiago.

September 1953
I was walking down the dark covered street, dimly lit on the outskirts of Brooklyn where my new apartment was placed, it was originally my best friends Magnus banes but he said it was and I quote "not up to date" says the centuries old warlock. As I reached the front door of my lovely new home I heard some-what of a fight going on just down the street, as I wondered down my stairs to the front of my apartment complex I see a group of vampires surround something, as a creep in the shadows I see a figure in the the middle of the group, it was someone, a handsome looking young man about his early 20s, using my hearing I listened to there conversation "I'm sorry, I-I i didn't know that it was yours" "like hell you did, I saw you acting all hard guy and trying to steal my bike" "look I don't know any better, I'm new, I didn't know there was a clan here already" that's when my instinct kicked in, when I was first turned I couldn't think straight or do anything properly and I promised myself if anyone was like that I'd help. I creeped out of the shadows and walked up to the group "leave the lad alone will ya?" They all turned their heads in my direction "ooo looky what we have here boys, what do you say sweet cheeks, leave before you get yourself hurt." They all started to surround me, there was roughly six of them, all of them I guess were vampires, one of them suspending the young man around his forearm, he struggled against his grip, "funny enough I was gonna say the same thing" I smirked showing them my fangs and like a blur I started taking out them one by one. After I threw three of them against the walls of the surrounding buildings around us and the other three lying unconscious under my feet I walked over to the young man sitting there in shock "do that often?" "Darling you have no idea" I smirked reaching my hand for him to take, he looked at it hesitantly he reached for it and when our hands met I felt a spark up through my whole entire body and by his expression too he felt the same thing, "I was planning on cooking dinner fancy some?" He looked at me wearily "how do I know I can trust you?" I smiled at him curious thing " well seeing that I'm a fellow vampire and I just kick their asses to save you I'm 95% sure you could trust me" a chuckle came from low in his throat "what's the other 5%?" I smirked and shrugged leaving him either to follow or stand in the middle of the badly lit street in the early hours of the morning, he stood there looking from me to the blackness of the street beside him but just as I opened the door I hear...
"Wait."