Chapter 2

"Wait"

As my apartment door creaked opened I wondered around to the kitchen "hungry?" I glanced at the dashingly good looking young man just across the island in the middle of the kitchen "starving" and as he spoke his stomach let out a quiet roar, I giggled as he grabbed as stomach and blushed. I poured him a glass of my finest human blood and prepared myself a Bloody Mary with a couple shots of vodka, "so as you are staying the night I might as well get know you" he smiled at me "well my name is Raphael Santiago and I'm originally from Spain" "well Raphael Santiago who turned you?" He looked taken back a bit, his eyes completely avoiding mine "I-I don't know I was walking home after a good day and I went down the short cut to my house and there it stood, a black figure, I said hello and that's when it came and done it's business next thing I know I'm crawling out of the ground craving anything that has blood pulsing through their veins." It sadden me the way he look as if someone told him that he couldn't live one more day, I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze "hey everything isn't so bad, it's going to be ok" he glanced up at me and smiled giving me butterfly's in my stomach "well enough about me as I am staying at yours I might as well know who's keeping me" mimicking my words he smirked before taking a gulp of what was in his glass, I gave him a the same smirk and sighed "ok I'm Athena o Neill and originally I'm from Ireland I was turned a long time ago ,1855 to be precise and ever since I've been wondering the globe, I haven't settled down anywhere yet but I intend to find the perfect place" when I finished I looked at Raphael his expression was in unreadable "wow your story was much more meaningful than mine" I giggled " well when your nearly 2 centuries old you tend to look at life differently well that's what happened to me" "I like it" he grabbed hand and looked me right in the eyes, his dark eyes starting into my bright ones, out of all my years I've been alive I had never felt a connection that Raphael and I had.  
       We stayed there for what seemed like hours which realistically was only a few minutes in silence, a nice silence in which I studied his features, his dark hair sitting perfectly, dark orbs which hid life in them even though in the rest of him nothing was and his pulp lips the perfect shade against his now pale skin which I imagine was tanned before what happened, just as I finished from the corner of my eye I saw the New York sun begin to rise, I slid my hand away from his but I wished I didn't which took him out of his trance, "the sun is rising we be better of heading to sleep" showing him a sorry smile I gracefully got off my chair and walked around the island "coming?" I reached out my hand for him to take, a simple yes left his mouth as he took my fragile hand into his rough yet smooth hands. I led him to my bedroom which was just down the hall, entering my room I noticed that Magnus did the honours of decorating for me, there lay a casket ,a 14 karat gold one, I reminded myself to say thank you to Magnus next time I see him~I've know Magnus for nearly 100 years, I have came here before when I was younger and still figuring out everything, I was wondering the streets of New York looking for a b&b or somewhere which had a free room, I reached a apartment block just out side Brooklyn and ask the receptionist if I could have a room for the night, I pleaded and pleaded until she eventually threw me out. I sat outside the building wondering how I was going to get through the night until someone touched me shoulder "hello ma'am are you okay?" An Asian man stood in front of me, tanned skin, dark hair, he was just a slightly bit taller then me "um- I'm looking for somewhere to stay the night but the lady in there threw me out" he gave me a look of sympathy "you can stay at mine tonight" "really?" "Why of course, I wouldn't be such a gentle man if I didn't" smiling at me he took my hand and walked in through the doors of the apartment building, waved at the lady behind the desk and went for the stairs. I learnt a lot about Magnus bane that night, who would think that the high warlock of Brooklyn would be best friends with a vamp? that kind, gentle soul gave me a new perspective of life.~ After a glance around my new room I finally realised there was only one casket I glanced over my shoulder at him "I'm sorry I don't have a spare casket you don't mind if we share ?" "Your seriously asking me if I want to share a casket with a stunningly beautiful woman hell yea " I blush at his comment as he chuckled "ok then hot stuff I'm going to get changed in the bathroom make yourself at home" I gave him a flirtatious wink and walked to my drawer and grabbed my pyjamas and walked into the bathroom.
       I put on my pyjamas, let my hair down and and then walked out to see Raphael examine my casket with curiosity filling his face "it's 14 karat gold and extremely comfortable" I spoke startling him I smile at him, he looks at me with his eyes wide "is there something wrong ?" "Absolutely not, you look gorgeous" "in these seriously , anyways come on if you want to get a days sleep" I walk over to my casket I stopped beside him and motioned my head to go on in, it was big enough for the both of us, hopefully, anyways as he got in I made climbed on in, I gently put myself beside him my head leaning on his shoulder, I felt that he was tense but gradually he become more relaxed I glanced up at him to see what his expression was but he was already looking at me "have a good sleep Raphael" he smiled at me "you too Athena" I closed my eyes to let sleep take over my body but before I went into my slumber I felt his arm wrap around my waist and him kissing me on the top of my head, an automatic smile crawled onto my face, I couldn't wait until I woke up.