Oh! My Maid

Jack was desperate for work. Like all of the other aspiring actors in the LA area, he was trying to get his break, and waiting tables in the meantime. The problem was, Jack sucked at it. He was clumsy and accident prone. So far he had been let go from three different restaurants after dropping one too many dishes. He wasn't sure what else he might do that would offer some exposure as well as cash. He tried modeling but there were plenty of pretty faces, and he could only get small gigs and nothing regular. He wasn't desperate enough (yet) to sell himself. He briefly toyed with the idea of joining the porn industry, but he knew that would ruin his chances to work in mainstream.

Luckily, he didn't have to worry about a place to live. His friend Felix worked for as a personal chef and caterer for the billionaire set, and had a large apartment near Sunset Strip. He had tried hiring Jack as a prep cook, but Jack cut himself one too many times and also couldn't keep up with the pace. Felix had to let him go eventually when his other employees had threatened to quit. Secretly, both of them were relieved; Jack had taken Felix's offer only to not seem ungrateful, and Felix had felt obligated to give his friend a chance. He assured Jack he had plenty of space at his apartment and didn't mind feeding him. Still, Jack felt guilty and promised to pay Felix back when he finally found something. With the holidays coming up, Jack wouldn't even be able to buy presents for his friends and family.

It was Felix that suggested the housekeeping job. Felix was popular not just for the magnificent spreads he provided his clients, but also his affable manner and discretion. His employers liked to confide in Felix, who in turn shared the stories with Jack- never mentioning names, of course. One of his clients was looking for someone to clean, but he had trust issues about letting a stranger into his house. Felix pointed out that he didn't know him when he first hired him, but his client said it was different. He didn't want someone pawing all his personal belongings and going through his stuff. He asked Felix if he knew anyone.

"Jack, cleaning is one thing you don't fuck up. My apartment has been spotless since you moved in." Felix was trying to convince Jack, but he couldn't suppress the smirk on his face.

"Really, Felix?" Jack grimaced. "That seems so degrading."

"No, no, this is a really classy high-end client. He's just very private. Maybe a bit paranoid." Felix explained.

"Paranoid?" Jack repeated. "That sounds great. What if I knock over something expensive? I'm sure that would go over well." He added sarcastically.

"The decor is very minimalist, I haven't seen anything breakable." Felix said earnestly. "I wouldn't mention it otherwise." Jack rolled his eyes.

"You're at home all day. You're in sweats all day, and really, how many times can you rearrange the furniture." Felix continued when Jack sat there scowling. "I'd do it, if I was looking for work like you. It's easier than being a personal chef for sure."

"I guess..." Jack hedged.

"I'm just trying to help you out, Jack. The house looks pretty clean to me, I don't think you'd need to do much." Felix shrugged.

"I'll think about it." Jack said reluctantly.

"I gotta get to work. Private party to cater tonight, and lots of shopping and prep to do. The menu is nouveau sushi with a southwestern twist." Felix smirked. "I'll see you later, Jack."

Jack waved to Felix. His friend grabbed his keys and left the apartment. Jack was alone for the day with no plans as usual. He sighed. The job didn't sound terrible, he just hated to depend on Felix. And some of those rich people could be really strange. He supposed it could be worse. At least Felix hadn't suggested he become a high-end escort again. Jack had tried that once, getting dressed in his best suit and attending a fundraising event with one of Felix's clients. He had enjoyed the food and drinks, and even did a bit of dancing, but at the end of the night, he couldn't keep her hands off of him. To be fair, she had been somewhat tipsy, but when Jack refused her, she got angry. Without another word, she had her driver drop Jack off back at the apartment and thrown the check at him. Even worse, Felix had lost a long-time client. They had fought about it - Felix said that Jack should have just went with it, and Jack insisted he wasn't a whore. They hadn't spoken for a week, just grunting at each other in the apartment.