Chapter 19

"We have to hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because all of life's lessons are taught through pain"

Sophia passed me a bowl of ice cream as she sat down next to me with Emily on my other side. They had convinced me to relax and watch a movie while we waited for Leander. 

"Hey girls" Sophia's Dad came into the room, a protein shake in his hand. 

"Hi Daddy" Sophia smiled at him "Where you been?" 

"Gym, admiring the men" He laughed as he walked over and patted my head. 

"Have you seen Leander by any chance dad?" Sophia asked. 

"The pretty boy that was staying here? Yeah he left" He said matter of factly. 

What? 

My heart sank as the words processed in my head. 

"He went back to Raleigh while you guys were at the Pier, just got his things and asked me for directions to the airport"

"DAD!" Sophia exclaimed getting up from her seat "You should have told us!" She said as she grabbed my limp arms and pulled me to my feet, Emily following behind as we went up to our room. 

She began to place my clothes into bags, packing to go back to North Carolina, the long trip back. I wasn't sure I would be able to bear it. A ride back without him when he made everything better for me, easier. 

I walked away from the room and went into the room he stayed in. It was all cleared as soon as I pushed the door open. 

I thought he would wait, at least give me a chance to explain myself. I saw a white note catch my eyes. I recognized his handwriting and my heart fell more than before, my throat stuck with a sob and my eyes teared as I read the words over and over again. 

I thought you were different. I was wrong. I'm going home,

If you try to look for me, you won't find me. So dont bother.

"You have to see him, call him at least" Sophia said as she paced through the room while Emily and I sat cross legged on the bed in her room.

"I can't, he doesnt want to talk to me" I looked at my hands.

"Only because he misheard the situation, if you're honest with him things will be okay" Emily smiled 

"I dont know" I trailed off "He seemed really upset"

"Of course he seemed upset, he's obviously in love with you and you need to get your ass back to that man Sephrina. Love like that doesn't come very often  you know" Sophia exclaimed. 

"I thought you didn't believe in love" I looked at her

"Everyone believes in love" She sat down in front of me. "You just need to get your ass back to him, I will not repeat myself a third time"

"I cant" I remember what Manny told me. "I have to go to court eventually, I have to get this over with before I go back" 

"You have to do that this weekend?" Emily asked

"No, I dont know when yet. He's free now and I have to wait. Its late now Sophia, we can go back tomorrow in the morning and get there by monday afternoon" 

"Sephrina this whole thing with Axel" I cringed at his name "When will it be over, do you know?" Sophia asked me

"I dont know honestly, I havent thought of it much" I told her honestly "Will you guys come with me to see Manny, I have to talk to my cousin and get him to help me"