Chapter 32 - Original

~Bellamy's POV~

The stress is clear in her voice, the croak coming from her throat sets off alarms in my brain. Something is wrong.

I shake Clarke awake and hold her chest close to mine as sobs escape her mouth, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks and her arms clasped tightly around my neck, her nails digging into my skin almost painfully.

"Clarke." I whisper softly as her sobs slowly become silent.

"You're not dead." She says in a sigh of relief. My heart clenches and I squeeze her tighter, her muscles shaking with exhaustion. I rock her back in worth in a gentle rhythm and place a kiss to the top of her head.

"No, Im right here." I say stroking her arms up and down. I hear her sniff a few times and I know she is calming down, I knew it would all flood out eventually, if you dont let it out while your awake, it will take control and push itself out while your sleeping.

Nightmares take control and your unable to stop them, the darkening fear that you wont be able to wake up. Your biggest fears becoming a reality.

One my biggest fears is waiting for that day, when my body and brain wont be able to take the guilt and pressure this world has weighted down on me. slowly tearing away parts of my soul until only shards remain. The pieces of my soul I dont want or bear to keep, the darkest parts. Unleashed into nightmares that wont fade, with no door to run out of or no leaver to switch. An endless pit of darkness and despair, hurt and pain.

I feel Clarke move in my arms and soon she is facing me, her eyes bloodshot but a small smile peaking at the edges of her mouth, making her features glow like the sun slowly rising behind us. the bright oranges and yellows unlike any other thing on earth.

"Thank you." She says, her hands clasping one of mine, her fingers tracing patterns in my worn palm, blood seeming to stain it in invisible ink, the colour never fading from my eyes.

I reach up and cup her face, colour flowing to her cheeks at the feel of my touch. "You were so brave." I say remembering all she has done in the past few hours. Killing who she had too and sneaking into what we all only know now as another bunker that somehow survived all the mayhem we have been pulled through and out of in the last seven years. She was brave for venturing down to earth, she was brave for leading all one hundred of us.

She was brave for venturing off when she needed too, she was brave for finding Raven and patching every single one of us up, cleaning our wounds and mending our spirits. Building our small clearing into a working camp with weapons and supplies. She was brave for finding a way out of that god for saken mountain, and choosing which side she would fight for, whether it was right or not.

She was brave for trusting me...

"You were just as brave." She says back, her hand landing on my knee and he eyes locking with mine.

"Not long and then we will be back." I say thinking about Octavia, how far she has come.

"I'm not going back." She says and my heart sinks. Those worlds were said not me mere years ago and it was a time in my life where the pit inside of me seemed to be never ending and the darkness sickening.

"Clarke please." I go to say but she cuts me off. With a squeeze of my knee, her hand laying on top nicely.

"Madi, she's still out there alone Bellamy, Im going to bring her back." She says her voice stern and firm, like she wouldnt budge for the world. I nod in understanding.

"I'll come with you then." I say not wanting to leave her in the middle of the desert after what has just happened. I watch her head shake and I go to speak until she interjects.

"Bellamy, I need you to help her sister. Everyone will be very excited to be outside after six years, things need to be under control." She says with a knowing look. I look at her straight in the eyes, knowing I can usually read her like a picture book, but not this time.

"Promise you'll be back as soon as you find her." I say begging her not to leave and go off on her own, I cant bare losing her again.

"I promise". She says, as if I had faded out of the world I didnt notice her face moving closer to mine and before I know it, her rosy lips are on my cheek, planting a sweet kiss right were the original was placed. I wrap my arms around her back and pull her into my chest.

"Be safe." I whisper, the thought of losing her unbearable.

"I will." She says wrapping her arms around my neck, my noise pulling in her sent, not knowing the next time it will smell such a thing again.

~~

~Clarke's POV~

Such a simple thing as water can have so many uses.

Life is the main one, life cant be created without water, its the key to life and all its beings. Humans use the powerful liquid to power the machines inside their bodies, such a special liquid used much like petrol or gasoline, used to power a car.

Powering the human body and its muscles is very hard without water, that is what I am doing now. Dehydration affects the body slowly. You become tired and headaches seep in, your brain and all its tools seeking water, then as if someone has flicked a switch your limbs seem to turn off.

All of a sudden, your tired and unable to move. Luckily, Im not at that stage. Its only been a few hours and at my state I will reach my old home in less than a few hours, water and food hopefully waiting for me along with Madi. Her brown straight hair much like Octavias.

I keep my feet moving and pull my legs along and over a sand dune, the sand weighing down my libs and seeping into my boots as my feet move, the souls paper thin. But then I see it, the faint blurry green out line of my home in the distance. Its green leaves and green canopy in the distance.

Providing coolness and safety form the harsh outside world. Its cool springs and Becca's lab hidden inside the leaves.

I drag myself over the top of the dune and roll down, my face dragging against the millions of sand grains, their surface rough. I pull myself onto my knees then slowly my feet, my steps uneven and wobbly as I make my way towards the green blur ahead, the thought of Madi in my arms like a magnet pulling me towards the thing I want second most in the whole world, the other to be in Bellamy's arms.

Sorry this took so long and sorry again if it bloody sucks, I have been very busy and its been hard to write lately, this weekend is also very busy for me so I will try to get another chapter out this week, thanks for waiting you lot, means the world!

(There's mistakes, mostly apostrophises and all that junk, don't worry I know.)

-RFRC