Chapter 39 - Deeper

~Bellamy's POV~

"Now that we are all here." Says Octavia from across from me. The fire pit around us burning the wood we managed to salvage from the dessert.

The last few hours we gathered the remaining weapons and supplies from the drop ship and carried them up to the top of the crater with the rest of the Grounders and Skaikru. We decided we would meet to discus the new threat looming bellow us. With only Clarke and the other Grounders knowing the location and what is exactly down there.

"Bellamy and Clarke, explain." She says. The rest of the Grounders that served her in the bunker standing around her now. Kane stands off to the side, his eyes caught in the flames, watching them flicker back and forth.

Clarke was't the only one to loose Abby.

"The bunker we found didn't resemble Mount Weather." I say looking to Clarke next to me, her eyes lost on the group around us. I take breath and continue talking knowing she will speak soon.

"From what I saw it looked like a prison." I say my eyes scanning each group member individually. The fire cracks and I watch the log fall to pieces in the hot flames.

"All the corridors and rooms were white, the population wore the same clothes. No guns. They sued the same technology we used on the ark. Only two floors allowed for 'general population'. The rest where restricted." I hear Clarke say from beside me. I nod in agreement and I see the group understand.

"Do they know how to get to the surface?" Asks Octavia next and it seems even the fire goes silent. I look to Clarke and she nods. I take another deep breath.

"While I was captured they look my blood much like Mount Weather. Syringes of it on the hour, not like how they used us for harvest in Mount Weather. It was like they didn't know it was possible to live on the surface." I say and I then look to Clarke.

"They might have your blood but unless their how population has the same blood type I doubt they will be able to use it." Says Octavia. He sword poking the hot flames at our feet.

"Then they are no threat." Says a Grounder to my left. His mask covering half his face casting gloomy shadows on ground.

"I say we let them be." Says another, a woman this time holding a staff in her right hand, feathers and shells hanging from the wood. I watch Kane this time, his eyes locked on the fire.

"They have Nightblood."

The group falls silent and all eyes land on Clarke. I watch her carefully as her fingers rub over her forearm and I see the small bruise on her pale skin.

"Then it's settled." Says Octavia. I watch her stab her sword into the flames one final time before looking to the rest of us. Her eyes glinting with that type of light I know only she has. That flame that burns inside a true leader.

She's a fighter.

"We will be the first to attack. Assuming they are descendants from the first Grounders they know what their earth used to look like. They don't know what it looks like now." We all look at her. Her sword now rests at her side and I tense.

"Octavia-" I am cut off by a deathly glare and I shut my mouth as she continues.

"We are stronger than ever. We finally have the ground to ourselves. This land is ours now. No one will take it from us." She yells and the Grounders around us erupt into applause and yells.

I look to Clarke and Kane. We are the only ones not clapping.

We are the only ones thinking straight.

"You are going to kill hundreds, maybe thousands on innocent people?" Asks Kane once the cheering and yelling dies down. We all look to him then back to Octavia. I watch her eyes flash red and her cheeks go a shade brighter. One to match the colour of the flames.

"Kane of Skaikru-" She goes to say but she is cut off by him. His eyes raise form the flames of the fire and stare straight into Octavia's fierce ones.

"Indra would be ashamed."

My fists clench. I stare at Kane and go to say something but I feel fingers rest on one of my clenched fists. I glace towards Clarke and find her hand on mine. I open my hand and she rests hers inside mine.

"Indra would want what is right for her people!" Octavia yells at him. I watch Kane wince and I know there is no way he will win this fight. The flames are no match for the fire burning inside of Octavia as she sneers back at Kane.

"You are dismissed." She mutters. Storming off towards one of the other smaller fires in the distance. Small tents built out of the tarp we carried from the drop ship scattered around the edge of the crater.

I look over to Kane and I see him wondering over. As he gets closer I see the blue bags under his eyes and pity him slightly. I then notice how strong Clarke has been. She has lost her Mother and nearly Madi. But here she is.

"They can't do this." Says Kane looking up at us. His hair tied back loosely and his beard a mess. I watch Clarke stare at him and I know she is thinking the same thing.

"As much as I think it is wrong-" She goes to stay but I stop her.

"You can't seriously be considering this... Can you?" I ask her, looking at Kane for support as I cross my arms over my chest. I watch her eyes move from mine to the ground and my heart sinks.

We stand in silence, the only sound the fire crackling away. The sun nearly set as the moon comes into view above us.

"We came to earth. We tried peace. We got out people killed." She says her face firm as images flash through my mind of mere children being impaled. Boys being carried into camp, retrieved from Grounder traps. The gashes and wounds on them unfixable.

"We tried peace again with the Mountain Men." She says next her face a cold façade as the life from her fades like the sun behind us. "More of us where killed. Harper was tortured."

She reminds me of Harper running into my arms, her legs bleeding and face scratched. Monty being caged and Jasper loosing the one he loved.

Just when I think she is done. She opens another door that took me years to close.

"We tried peace with Ali." I watch as she blinks rapidly and looks to Kane. "We lost more than the first time." She says her voice quite.

It takes all of me not to reach out and hold her to my chest. It takes all of me not to take her way from here. Kiss her lips, tell her it is going to be alright.

"We tried to make peace for the Bunker." She says her voice breaking. I watch as tear slides down her face and I see the pain in her eyes. Then I look to Kane and see that same pain.

"We lost my mom."

The last Chapter is coming. Thank you for reading this far. Thank you all for voting and commenting!

-RFRC