Church Bells

Dedicated to @allmyreaders

The doors opened and the melody started to play. I look up and lock eyes with him.

"I'm glad I was able to walk you down the aisle." My dad states causing me to smile.

"Me too." I answer. We follow the flower girl and boy down the aisle.

When we get to the alter my dad hands my hand to Adrian who takes it with a smile. We get into our positions as the priest begins the mass.

"Today we are gathered to celebrate the union of these two souls I marriage." He states.

Adrian and I had our hands interlocked as we smiled at each other with glossy eyes. I love you he mouthed and I smiled. Daniel walks up to read a part from the Bible and we listened attentively.

* * *

"Jane and Adrian have written their own vows." The priest announces.

"Jane, you've been the light to my darkness. You helped me give love a second chance, you help me mend my past mistakes, and most of all you were with me throughout it all...you didn't walk away. Which only made me love and admire you more." Adrian wraps my hands with his and my vision became blurry as I tried to blink away the tears. "I vow to make you happy everyday for the rest of our lives. I vow to be the best father I can to our children. I vow to love and show you that I do every single day. I vow to be your rock and shoulder to cry on. I vow to be the best husband I can be."

I sniff back the tears and smile. "Adrian, you were such a grumpy pants when I first met you but once I got to see the real you I couldn't help but fall in love. Fall in love with man that will do anything to protect those he loves, even if it means to take a bullet for them. Each I fall more and more in love with you. You gave hope, you showed what true love is, and you were the light to my darkness. I vow to be the best mother I can to our children. I vow to be your rock when you need me to. I vow to love you even when our inner demons show. I vow to be the best wife I can and make our lives together happy."

Everyone around me was quietly crying as Adrian and I tried our best to contain the tears. Tears of happiness.

"May I have the ring bearers please?" The priest asks before Catherine and James and Sara walk up with our wedding bands. The priest blesses the rings before handing Adrian my wedding band. "Adrian repeat after me..."

"Jane take this ring, as a sign of my love, and fidelity, in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holly spirit." Adrian states before slipping the band into my finger.

The priest hands me Adrian's wedding band and states, "Now Jane, repeat after me..."

"Adrian take this ring, as a sign of my love, and fidelity, in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holly spirit." I reply as I slip the band into Adrian's finger.

The priest than asked, "Adrian McKeller, do you take Jane as your wedded wife and promise to and to cherish her, in the good and bad, till death do you apart?"

"I do." Adrian answers as he looks down at me lovingly with a smile.

"Jane Zamora, do you take Adrian as your wedded husband and promise to and to cherish him, in the good and bad, till death do you apart?" The priest asks.

I nod and answer, "I do."

"What God has joined to today let no one break apart. By the power invested in me by the church I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Adrian cups my face and connects our lips. Our family and friends cheer in the background.