You're Weird, Sir

Hemingway, Soal, and Irene gathered before Count and the Countess to announce their most recent findings in the countdown to September First. This, unsurprisingly, excluded the raucous Ivel's alcoholic scandal, despite the fact that he was driven to believe largely in his favored leadership and heroism on 9101.

"There is no doubt, sir," Hemingway declared with a hint of compassion for the Henderian diarchy eminent on his face, "that we have unearthed not only the solution to the Crusade's alcoholic conundrum but one among the Sulukridger hierarchy, in one fell swoop."

"Spectacular news!" Lucy was definitely in high spirits, mildly irking the Master Bringer, while striking Hemingway as a plastic knife would a strain of diamonds. "To whom does this discovery apply?"

"The answer is straightforward, sir," Hemingway was the speaker here. "It can be attributed to Natasha of the Sogburian Thieves, who delivered the drugs to Ivel in defiance of his recent 'fall from grace.' She apparently seems to also be, in theory, Nathaurus of the Sulukridger hierarchy -- about which the Ambassador continues to operate in Sogbury for a lengthy interview. With the Ambassador's supervision, I expect to assist her in harnessing her capabilities as a true Sulukridger once more, after some more time in Grant's Shrine under the Crusade's own supervision. If this works well, sir, she may be a valuable resource to discovering the rest of the hierarchy and potentially rallying them around Hendera on September First to aid our very own Master Bringer in their fateful campaign. I continue to respect their quiet in the face of overwhelming odds."

"Simply astonishing, isn't it," Count leaned back as far as he could in his stiff, unwelcoming throne, "that this advancement has been made. I may not share Lucille's enthusiasm, but I find this advancement to be one that might begin to reforge relations between the Sulukridgers and the Henderians. My resentfulness, I hope, shall through the filter of Nathaurus become pride in the near future. Thank you for this report, pseudo-Sulukridger. You, however, although the harbinger of this report, are not the one who had on their own agreed to serve my wishes throughout this investigation. You have my warning."

"Yes, sir," Hemingway morosely acknowledged this with a nod, only to return in the future to Sogbury with the Master Bringer. There was more to be completed in this chain of events, and the three of them would be almost entirely responsible.