What did you just say?

Chapter 8: What did you just say?

It's been two days since the whole Jenn thing. Niall and I haven't said much to one another lately and I have no clue why. I would try and talk to him then boom, here comes another argument. I guess all new married couples go through this right?

I walk into the house setting the keys on the key holder. I see Niall sitting on the couch with a blank face.

"Where have you been?" Niall questions flatly.

"I was with Derek getting coffee,'' I say nervously.

"And you didn't tell me?" He raises his voice.

"I-I told you before I l-left," I can hear my voice trembling. I was becoming scared because Niall stood up from the couch and made his way over to me. He had anger in his eyes. He grabs a tight hold of arm and I screech in the pain. "Niall please let go! You're hurting me!!" I cry out.

"Shut up," he growls. He lifts his hand up and soon enough my cheek stung. He just slapped me... I take my free hand and slap his face hard.

"You annoying, stubborn bitch," Niall spits. My posture stiffens and my eyes go wide.

"W-what did you just say?" I actually manage to choke out. Niall didn't answer me and just threw me onto the floor. I scream and his foot rams into my stomach and I cough. Laying on the floor crying I realize something... He would never do this unless he's drunk. I stand up slowly and unsteadily. I look up and see that Niall has a worried look in his eyes.

Niall's POV

Annabelle stands up and I realize what I had just done. I had just abused my baby, my wife, my princess, my world. I feel like I'm going to throw up due to the thought of her probably leaving me.

"Annabelle," I choke up. She didn't bother to listen. She just went into our bedroom and locked the door. Shit, what did I just do? I sigh and put my hands through my hair. I'm assuming I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. I grabbed a pillow from the guest room and a blanket. I would sleep in the guest room, but the couch is way less comfortable and I need to hurt just like Annabelle is.

Annabelle's POV

I just laid on our bed staring at the ceiling for a good while. My cheeks are stained with tears and my cheek hurts so bad. I stand up and get into the covers and once my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

I woke up at at 11 am. I was scared to go downstairs and see Niall. I go check my appearance in the mirror. My cheeks bruised, arm is bruised, and so is my stomach. I sigh and open the door.

I walk down the stairs and see Niall asleep on the couch. The stair creaked and Niall instantly woke up.

"Annabelle?" He asks in his raspy morning voice. I gulped and continued to walk down the stairs. I stood in front of Niall and he gasped. He strokes my cheek and rubs my arm. Tears brim his and my own eyes. "I-I did this to you?" He says with obvious hurt in his voice. I nod slowly. He says nothing and just hugs me.

"Please don't leave me," he whispers into my ear.

"Never would," I whisper and smile.

Even though we go through rough times we always find a way around them.

---------------------------

I know it's short, but once Shrek is done I'll be writing more frequently! 😘😘