ReturnOfTheMack

I don't remember how it happened, or exactly when, but it was in year 21 or 22.

Colson and I got into a fight. Over what, is still a mystery to this day. When I get mad my eyes twitch rapidly and I black out periods of time. But it was bad enough that we stopped talking for a while. I thought about him once in a while when he was gone. But I've never been the one to run back to someone who walked out of my life. If they don't come back to me, then they really don't care anymore.

It was near the end of year 22, early to mid December. I was sitting on my bed, my preoccupation at the time escapes me, but I was most likely watching Netflix. My phone buzzed. I didn't really have friends at the time. My best friend abandoned me because she said my depression was making her depression worse. What a pal, huh? A few other friends blocked me on all social media at the same time. So I was pretty alone out here. Who could this be?

The area code was familiar, but I didn't have the number saved. The message was long, an apology for a fight and an "I miss you". I still had the phone numbers of the friends who betrayed me in my phone, so it wasn't them.

"Who is this?"

"Colson Baker"

My heart dropped. Could it be? We hadn't talked in I don't know how long. I didn't know what to say. My stomach was in knots. We started talking again. He asked for forgiveness, but I said I didn't even remember why we fought, so there was no wrongdoing to forgive. It was suddenly like old times. We were texting constantly, day and night. I couldn't put my phone down for a minute without a *buzz buzz*. I missed him so much.

Within two months our dynamic had changed. We were flirting more. The first picture before the racy ones, was what clicked. It was just him, from the waist up, lying in a bath tub. The way his hair was floating in perfect little waves, those piercing eyes, one hand behind his head so his bicep was flexed. That picture did it for me. I always thought he was attractive. I had told him numerous times in the last 4 years that he was handsome or cute, this, that, and the other thing. But suddenly, out of nowhere like the bus that hit Regina in Mean Girls, I was in love.

We were snapchatting all day everyday. There were mostly selfies in the daytime hours, but after dark we shifted to a more risqué nature. We talked about finally having a physical relationship, but there was one problem. He lived 100 miles away, and we had never actually met in person. Our entire friendship had been through the internet. But I was determined to see him. I loved this guy! So I worked extra shifts, saved my money, and set a date to drive down.

It was finally happening. I was finally going to meet the man who had a hold on my heart, whether I was aware of it or not, for the past 4 years.