Two

My thirtieth birthday was nothing special. It's just a simple gathering of close friends and families but Tita Kat has someone with her.

"Rj, this is Lianne. She's 28 years old. Nurse siya sa London. And she's single", Tita Kat said winking at me before leaving.

"Hi Rj! Lagi kang kinekwento ni Ms.Kat sa akin. And she's right.  You're really handsome"

"Thanks"

Lianne and I had a great talk over wine. People are starting to bid their goodbyes for it's getting late. Actually I was a bit bothered cause after Maine excused herself to go to the washroom she didn't come back. It was before Tita Kat introduced Lianne and that was an hour or two ago.

"What's bothering you Doc Rj?", Lianne caught my attention,  she held my chin and smile sweetly. She's beautiful and smart and if you're thinking of settling down, she's probably one of the best choice but Lianne is....  she's.... Lianne is not Maine.

Wait? What? Of course she's not Maine.

I shrugged the thought off, as Lianne stared at me and her gaze fell on my lips. She licked her own, which made me bent to taste her until we heard a sound of broken glass. I saw Maine, looking at me accusingly. Tears started forming in the very corner of her eyes. I can see her. I can see every bit of her even she's far away. The next thing I saw was her back running away from me.