Three

I told you I suck at narrating stories, but there is one thing I can say that I'm good at and that is writing a song. Maine loves my poetry and she always make a tune out of those words. That's what I admire about her, she always has this ability of making simple things into extraordinary.

That night, I followed her.

"Maine! Maine!"

She stopped but did not look at me.

"Doon ka na! Doon ka na sa babae mo!"

"She's not my girl Maine"

"Eh, you're about to kiss her!"

I held her wrist and made her turn to me.

"Maine, I wasn't supposed to explain this to you"

I saw hurt in her eyes then it closes as she pulled me for a kiss.  I'm shocked but did not pull away cause I don't want her to get hurt. I fought the urge to kiss her back cause she is...  she is, she's still young. She doesn't know what she's doing. She nibbled my lower lip innocently. I have to ball my fist because of how her lips felt against mine. Too sweet. Too innocent.

"Kiss me back! Dammit!!"

I did not.

She ended the kiss.

"Am I ugly? Bakit ayaw mo sakin!!!",she was shouting, her tears streaming down her face.

I don't want to see her like that. Nasasaktan din ako.

"Maine"

"Mahal kita Rj! Mahal kita!!"

There, she said it. I was speechless. But, inside me, a part of me is happy because she loves me. But, I did not entertain that. I won't.

"Maine, kasi bata ka pa baka nalilito ka lang.."

"Wag mo akong pangunahan! Hindi na ako bata!!!"

"19 ka lang"

"I'm turning twenty, two months from now! I am capable of loving! You can touch me anywhere you want! I'm not a kid!"

She held my hand and led it to her left breast.

"MAINE!", i shrugged my hands off.

That was the first time I raised my voice on her. I see that the pain in her eyes doubled.

"Sabihin mo na lang kasi na ayaw mo talaga sa akin! Ang dami mo pang dahilan!"

Then she walked out. I want to say that I don't dislike her. I admire every bit of her. She's special to me. And I care about her. I always care about her.