Bucky x June/Junie (Request!)

A/N - This was requested by the lovely @MarthaBelin :) Sorry for the wait, I hope this is worth it xox

Word Count: 495 (sorry it's short)

Warnings: Street harassment, some swearing

--

"Hey? You should smile more babe!" Cackled a man from the other side of the street. Cars zoomed up and down the busy road blurring his face and obscuring his voice. 

Keeping her head down, June continued to walk, hoping the man wasn't talking to her. Running a hand through her reddish hair, she turned her music up to drown the sounds of the city. No cars, no yelling, and no assholes. 

The man shouted again, this time he had crossed the street and was approaching her. 

"You shouldn't be alone in this big city babe, someone might decide to take advantage of you." He smiled sickly and began to reach out for June. 

Sputtering nonsense, she took as many steps back as she could; avoiding the man's touch. 

"What you don't like me baby-girl? Ah come on!" 

Shaking her head, her foot caught a crack in the cement as she was stepping back; causing her to fall.

Her voice sounded small in this big city, "Don't touch me!-" She paused, "Please!"

Crying she sat on the sidewalk, hand in front of her face, as the man hurled profanities and offers at her.

"Here, I'll help you up and you can come back to my place." He offered.

June looked him straight in the eyes, "Fuck you." 

The man's brown eyes got dark, and his mouth turned into a snarl. His fist raised above his head as June struggled to get up and run. 

"Bitch, you're ugly anyways!" He shouted throwing his fist.

A silver hand caught the fist right before it his June, twisting it behind the assailant's back; forcing him to the ground. 

June watched in amazement as her knight in shining ARMour forced the rude man to the ground; his chin length brown hair sloppily pulled back into a bun, crystal colored eyes, tall, strong. 

The assaulter was now on the ground covering his head in fear, "Look man it was a joke, come on!" 

Bucky looked down at him in disgust once more before turning to June. 

"Are you alright?" He asked simply, his eyes held much more darkness up close; though they softened slightly while speaking to June. 

"Yes,-" She paused, "Thank you. I-I-" She stuttered.

Bucky reached out offering his flesh hand for June to get up. Declining the offer she stood up on her own, flattening out her clothes and smoothing her hair. Bucky smirked slightly at her independence. 

"Oh I'm June/Junie whatever's easiest." She said running a hand through her hair again; observing Bucky with interest.

"Bucky." He stated simply, straightening his posture, "Where are you heading?" 

"Oh I'm walking home." Junie stated. 

"I can walk with you if you'd like the escort. This city has gone to shit since I was here last."

"That'd be great thank you!" 

Bucky nodded and gestured for Junie to lead the way.