Chapter 2

Catherine's P.O.V

"You look so bright today, did something happened at Starbucks ?" My friend Samantha approaches me, and I look at her with my usual calm manner.

"What do you mean ? I'm just acting like usual"

"No, there is something different, did you meet a guy ? Was he cute ? Come on, you can tell me anything, I'm your best friend, am I not ?"

That is Samantha, we met at college party and she was crying over a douche who rejected her confession, she was a bit drunk and I prevented her from getting in trouble from the bad guys who tried to take advantage of her situation, and we have been friends ever since, she is very persistent, sometimes I wonder why hasn't she worked as something related with pursuing people because she certainly is the best at it.

"No, it was just a guy, he was staring at me all the time, it was a bit funny and creepy at the same time"

"Okay, but was he cute ?" That part seems to be all she cares about, but I mean, she is always like that, even though she has never been in a relationship before, she is an expert at giving love advice and questioning other people's relationship.

"I think so, I don't know, he looks pretty fine, must be on his 20's, and he has this vibe that reminds me of something"

"Oh, my, looks like my friend is interested in a stranger, so juicy"

"No, it's not like that, I'm not sure if I'll meet him again, don't be ridiculous"

"Oh, you never know, Cathy, people fall in love in mysterious way" she says quoting a popular song lyrics.

"No, that is just... impossible, anyway, I have to get back earlier today, my mother is visiting"

"Aunt Marianne ? Oh, I like your mom, she is so nice and fun to be around with, I think I should go to your house later to meet her"

"I know, my mom is the best, anyway, I have to go now, see you"

"Bye Cathy, don't trip on your way home !" She shouts from her desk, loud enough for the other workers to hear and they turn their head at her with annoyance displayed on their face.

This is why I like Samantha, always so full of life.

I am about to walk outside the building when I hear a voice.

"Catherine" I turn to find the person I least expect standing there, he remains the same, his Brazilian mix face is getting more handsome than before, as his skin gets tanner since the last time as I saw him, he is also getting a bit taller, and his body is more toned, but his expression is the same since as last time we separated. So pitiful, but I have no place for pity in my heart.

"Carlos" I glare at him, he walks slowly toward me, I know exactly, a man his type doesn't know how to give up, does he ?

"Catherine, please, we need to talk" he says with desperation on his tone, if he used it back then, it might have worked, but now, not anymore.

"There is nothing more to be talked about, Carlos, you understand that, don't you ?"

"No, it was a misunderstanding, Catherine, I swear, I didn't mean to, please, give me another chance, Catherine"

"You knew my rule, Carlos, and you had to break the most crucial one, you betrayed me"

"No, mistress, I...."

I silence him immediately. I cannot take this anymore.

"Don't. Don't call me that again, I am no longer your mistress, Carlos, you are no longer my slave, we are over"

"I don't want to accept this, it cannot be, you are the only one for me, Catherine, it was a one time mistake, you are the only one who can-"

"You should have thought about it before you cheated on me, Carlos, now, if you will excuse me, I have to go"

I walk away and I can hear him curses from here, I smile to myself, he deserves it.

Yes, me and Carlos had a relationship once, he was one of my college best friend and we ended up dating, and after that I found out that he was a submissive, he introduced me to this whole lifestyle, and during our relationship, I have found out that I, myself, am a dominant.

I found the thought of dominating a man to be very interesting, and I fell in love with it.

We set up some rules if we wanted it to work, and it was all going well and smoothly, I loved him, I really did, and I thought it would last forever, until one day, I caught him cheating with one of the popular girl during our last semester of college, he was there, laying naked on her bed, all tied up, and was on his full display, it doesn't take me long to realize, she dominated him, he gave in to her, and that was when I knew, things were over between us.

Trust is something that must be held so dearly in a relationship, and what we had was a relationship based entirely on trust, and he broke it.

He broke my trust on him.

He cheated.

And I felt betrayed.

But I feel okay now, I move on quickly, because I know there is no point in crying over something that has been lost.

Now, although I enjoy being single, I want to try and get into another relationship.

But this time, it has to be done right.