🌙Prologue🌙

Outcast

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Darkness. Angry shouts boomed like thunder as a large crowd gathered around a small cottage. Windows were smashed by rocks thrown at them. Pitch forks, archers, swords, & spears were held tightly in their grasp. "BURN HER!" They cried out as they held troches.

Behind the little cottage was a large pile of sticks & logs stacked together forming a large bonfire. In the middle of the pile was a tale wooden pole was tied up with a woman. Her once long red black curly hair had been chopped off, leaving clomps missing from her scealp. The woman's clothing were torn & dirted with mud & blood; most of it were her's. Before the could light the pile, a group of priest came forth, dragging a man. One of the priest, grabbed a hand full of the man's snow white hair, lifted his face to the woman. His eyes widden as he saw his beloved wife about to be burnt at the stake.

The woman peered over at the man kneeling before him. Seeing his face marked with cuts, buries, etc. Tears began to sweal in her eyes. "Edith..." He whispered, but before the woman could response, a priest brought an axe, holding it high in the air, aiming for the neck. In one quick lash the man's head came clean off his shoulder. The woman screamed, whalling for her dead lover. On qie everyone threw their torches onto the pile as it gulfed into flames.

 On qie everyone threw their torches onto the pile as it gulfed into flames

Everyone watched & cheered. "BURN THE WITCH!!!" "SEND HER BACK TO HELL!!!" Without noticing, a small figure did not cheered or said the same thing was everyone was saying. The figure was actually horrified. Trembilling to the core as she watched. The woman screamed & squirmed a lot. The fire was eating away her skin. The girl could see the woman's flesh melting away, the smoke carried the smell of burnt flesh made the little girl's stomach turn inside out.

The girl whimpered & shook. Suddenly, the woman's eyes stared down at the child, her lips parted, & said. "Beatrice..."