🌙Chapter 4 ~ War Council🌙

Outcast

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Once they finally go back the surface the towns people were rebulding the destroyed houses. Beatrice stopped dead in her tracks, stared up at the sun, shutting her eyes, feeling the warm sun absorbing her. A small smile spread across her face. "You seem to like the sun, considering who you are?" Alucard said, interupting Beatrice's thought. She turned her force on Alucard, squinting his eyes from the lack of sunlight. Her blueish green eyes peered into his golden ones.

"It's the only thing that makes me feel human." She said as she continued walking. Alucard couldn't believe that there was someone like him, someone who has the same struggles, facing the same demons. Also Alucard wasn't just staying at her because she was a dhampir. She wasn't like any other girl he has ever seen. Her short red hair curls flows gracefully in the cold breeze, her pale skin was soft like a flower's petal, her curves shows an impressive womanly figure. If she would have worn a gown, she might pass off as a porcelain doll. A...fragile porcelain doll.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Trevor, Sypha, and Beatrice were at the front gates, waving goodbye to the Speakers as they drove away in a cart. Moving onto the next city that needed their help. Sypha kept on waving, saying goodbye to the only people she ever knew, the family that's leaving her behind. A small feeling of sadness swirled around in her stomach as she stared at the cart vanishing from sight. Beatrice looked over at her friend and spoke. "Don't worry we'll seem them again, Sypha. They know what they're doing." It made Sypha a bit happy, but her expression was still gloomy. Trevor walked over, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Your people are going to be fine." Trevor explained.

"I know. And I know they have to do it. Other towns need their aid. And to have their stories saved. I'm not worried about them."

"You're worried about yourself, Sypha." Trevor interrupted. "You're always been with family. You've never traveled alone."

"Never." Sypha sighed. Beatrice glanced down at the ground and began walking. Her thoughts were clouded by the word family. How many years has it been? What was it like to not travel alone. Every question was an unknown feeling to her. She grew used to the idea of traveling alone, but know everything is changing. Suddenly, flashing image of three people in a small cottage with smiles on their faces. Beatrice stopped, blinking her eyes, trying to get the images out of her head.

Once she peered up from the ground she found herself back at the hidden cottage where the Speakers were hiding. There was a large hole in the front where Trevor and Beatrice made when they were attacked by a mob. Then she began to hear voices from inside. Beatrice quietly crept over to find Alucard sitting on the dirt ground, drawing a picture in the dirt. "Alucard, they called me." He moved the stick to create lines and curve till a full image of Dracula appeared. "The opposite of you. Mother never liked that. Did you know that?" Than he began to draw another person. "She hated the idea that I might define myself by you. Even in opposition to you." A image of a woman who had some features of Alucard. That must have been his mother. The woman was burnt at the stake. "She loved us both, enough that she wanted us t be our own people, living our own lives..." Alucard moved the stick over to Dracula, digging it hard into Dracula's face. "...making our own choices. And so, here I am...choosing to honor my mother by killing my father." He scraped the stick across the image, destroying it. "No longer Adrian Tepes. Choosing to be Alucard of Wallachia, the name of my mother's people." Suddenly, a single tear fell down from Alucard's face, landing onto his mother's face. "I'm sorry, Mother."