Chapter 38

CHAPTER 38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed at the beach for another 3 hours. We actually fell asleep. When I looked at my phone that said 5:00 I shook Luke.

"Luke wake up" I said gently.

His eyes opened but then squinted because of the sun shining down.

"Ahh damn it, I'm all sunburnt!" I yelled at the pain of my burn.

"Ah me too" he said being careful not to make it hurt any worse.

"We forgot Aloe lotion so we'll have to get some at a gift shop of something." I said. We folded up our towels and got our stuff and started walking back to our hotel.

Our plan was to change into different clothes then go to dinner somewhere on the boardwalk.

Andrew was still in the hotel room, I honestly don't know why he even bothered to come.

"Kase, I'm gonna go get some of that Aloe lotion from the lobby gift shop" Luke said.

"Okay" I said and I heard the door shut.

I changed into short jeans shorts and a white tank top. I left my hair in a bun, I was in so much pain I didn't feel like fixing it. I did put on makeup though.

I knocked on Andrew's door.

"Come in" he said.

I walked in and sat on his bed where he was lying.

"Please come to dinner with us." I said.

"Why? This is you and Luke's trip, not mine." He said.

"Yeah, but you're my brother and I want you to have fun too!" I said almost begging him now.

"Alright alright, but I guarantee you that Luke doesn't want me to come with" he said.

"Why wouldn't he?" I asked.

"If you were a guy taking your girlfriend out to dinner, would you want her brother to come with?" He asked kind of laughing.

"True, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind one night" I said.

Luke came back and ran to me.

"This stuff is magical!" He said holding the Aloe bottle.

I laughed, he must've already put some on.

After I did, we all left.

Luke and I walked hand in hand towards the restaurant we were headed to. Luke knew I hated seafood so we decided against that and go to more of a steak place.

"Wow" Luke said.

The line for this place was long! Like, outside of the doors kinda long!

"Man, this place is popular" Andrew said.

We went to our place at the end of the line and hoped it went by fast because we were all hungry.

You know those fortune teller things you see at random places? Well there was one where we were waiting.

"Hey, we should try it" Luke said smirking.

"Luke those things never work" I said.

"C'mon baby! Just to pass time!" He said.

I gave in and we put $3 in the machine.

It started talking about the future and it said, and I quote, "I see a bright future. A growing family will begin, wedding bells, and dream coming true."

That was just cheesy.

Luke was smiling to himself.

"What're you smiling about?" I asked.

"He said we're gonna get married and have a family" he said.

I giggled.

I figured Andrew would be making some smart comment about what we were talking about, but Andrew wasn't even with us.

"Uhh where'd Andrew go?" I questioned.

"I don't kno- oh there he is!" Luke said pointing to across the boardwalk.

Andrew was talking to a girl...wow, that's surprising.

She was actually really pretty, she was tall, blond hair, blue eyes, had every girl's dream body. Why was she talking to Andrew? I laughed to myself.

"Looks like Andrew found himself a girlfriend" Luke said chuckling.

Andrew noticed we were looking at him and that girl and started walking towards us.

"Hey, y'all can eat without me, me and Amber are going to the seafood place." He said.

"YUCK" I yelled. I hate seafood more than anything.

Luke laughed then put his arm around my waist.

"Alright, catch ya later" Luke said.

After dinner Luke and I walked hand in hand down the beach. The sun was just setting, it was the perfect orange/pink color over the moving water.

"Kasey Jordenne" he stopped walking and held my hands.

"Thomas Bryan" I said back.

"I love you" he said.

Awe.

"I love you too" I said.

He grabbed me and held me tight in his arms against him.

We got to our hotel room and immediately sat on the bed.

"I'm tired. I'm sunburnt. And I feel like I'm gonna explode." I said.

Luke laughed and looked at me weird.

I grabbed my phone to call my mom because I promised her I would every night.

After I did that, I changed into pajama shorts and a T-shirt and Luke just had boxers on.

Luke climbed in the bed while I went to see if Andrew was in his room. I was about to knock, but I heard some interesting noises coming from his room.

"Luke...I know you won't, but don't go in there" I said pointing towards Andrew's room.

"I won't. Why?" He asked.

"Um he has his lady friend in there" I said awkwardly.

Luke just started laughing out loud.

"Luke shhh!" I yelled in a whisper way.

He couldn't stop laughing.

I just rolled my eyes and got in the bed.

Memories came back from the night we stayed at the motel by Leesburg. That night was perfect...in most ways.

Luke looked over at me and smiled.

"You're so beautiful" he said.

I felt like I was blushing.

"And you're so hot" I said.

Luke blushed.

"Well, you're welcome" he said jokingly.

I rolled on my side facing him and stared into bis big brown eyes.

He pulled my body closer to his and held me there. I ran my hand down his side and kissed him. He put one of his hands on my face and kissed me again with so much passion. He left a trail of kisses down my jaw and neck. He made his way back up to my lips and kissed them with more passion than the first one.

I rolled on top of him and straddled my legs around his waist. I pecked his lips and few more times then went back to my side.

I can't wait until we're out of high school.

"Goodnight darlin" he said holding me close to him.

"Night" I said back.