( 11; The Mask Is Just A Cover )

(Chapter Eleven ; The Mask Is Just A Cover)

I just had got through jogging from the park finally running up to the apartment exhausted. Sweaty and smiling that I actually made it back without passing out. I've been running a lot these days. I noticed the package sitting outside which was weird, people actually still package things? I turned off my iPod and picked the package up without looking to see who or where it's from, I continued walking into my apartment. I threw the package on the couch and went straight into the shower.

Clean and refreshed I plopped down on the couch and flicked on the TV. I picked up the package reading the label. Surprised at the name I saw I quickly tore the box open. I unwrapped the plastic from around the object and that's when the book came in sight. It's been 6 months since I've seen this title and picture. 'The Stranger In Apartment 102.' He used the painting of my door as his cover. It was really neat to be honest.

He moved out the following week after our ordeal. I haven't seen or heard from Kellan in the past 6 months. The first month was the worst for me. I was completely broken, I didn't know I had became almost catatonic like. I didn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone, be anyone. I regretted it, it ate me alive and it knew I should not have let that man, my man, walk out of my life. Especially when I found the ring he had left. I didn't come out my apartment for 7 days holding that ring and thinking, why was I so stupid.

What was done was done and he was gone. I had finally quit working for Jean. He was pissed, but I was so angry that day I didn't care. I finally took it from him, in which it wasn't his in the first place. I really can't believe it's been 6 months, I've healed and accepted that maybe he wasn't meant for me. The book in my hands just symbolized another life, I'm thankful I got see that side of me. It may have been just what I needed to experience, it was seasonal.

Curiously I opened the new book, the first page had nothing on it, but the next page, I knew he had written that specifically for my eyes.

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Sugar Is Sweet, And Sweetheart So Were You.
Take Off Your Mask, Take Off Your Pants To, I Still Have Your Cock Ring, And Yes Sweetheart, I'm Still Hopelessly In Love With You.

Alex, please read this book for me.

It seriously bought a genuine smile to my face and a blush to my cheeks. I missed him truly. I closed the book and sat it down. Something else caught my attention the box. I pulled out the card seeing that it was an invitation. He was having a book signing at the local Barnes&Nobles next week. Was that a invitation in an invitation. My heart jumped in my chest. I would get a chance to see him again?

By the end the day I decided to stop staring at the book and declared to read it. Kellura Lunar is after all my favorite author. I had to admit I was excited about reading it. And it didn't disappoint at all. I didn't sleep until I read the last words in the entire book. When I did finish reading my face was drenched in tears, there was a different type of ache in my heart. A brutal ache and I was my own blame for it. The words were passionate and the message was clear. He loves me.

*

Barnes&Nobles

Alex had to to give himself a pep talk before even stepping foot into the book store. Even then he hid behind the tallest bookcase only stealing glances at the beautiful man across the room. He got even more handsome, he cut his hair, but it was gorgeous and filled out his face more. As soon as Alex saw his charming dimpled smile, the words of the book crashed into him.

We know the idea of what is supposed to happen. Boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, they get married and live happily ever after? When did this parable change for the world. What happened to it being just that simple?
I fell in love with you, I want to be with you. You don't believe though. It's all sorts of things and emotions I have to prove to maybe make you see, I love you. I want a companion, this is my ultimate goal. With a companion maybe I can be just a whole lot better.
I laugh harder when you tell a joke. I smile wider when you smile a little. My blush is hotter when you glance at me. I stare longer when you can't see me watching. Is it a stupid crush, a obvious infatuation, a dangerous obsession, a commitment of love.