The Small Town called Leadworth

I'm India Darlington.
I live in a small, peaceful village named Leadworth. Everything here is so 'tweedledee,' and 'cutesy.' Not my thing at all.  I turned 18 last month and I'm all about the nightlife, well, there's no nightlife here. The most interesting thing here is the woods. No one ever enters the woods, not after the local girl,  Amelia Pond went missing, her house is there.

I've lived in this village all my life; the school is minuscule, there's one pub, a few houses and an old people's home.
I live in the oldest cottage in the village, it's called Rose Cottage. I can't wait to get out of here!

***
"Mum, I'm going out - I might be a while!" I shout, wriggling my feet into my Adidas trainers.
"Ok, honey, where are you going?" She replies from upstairs.
"Out." I sigh.
The large front door creaks as I open it, it really needs some maintenance, in fact, the whole house does.
Shutting the door behind me, I head toward the forest. 
Honestly, I've never been more scared in my life, what I'm doing had a reason behind it though.

Every year in my village there is a community day; we have to go to the old people's home and listen to their stories.
I always hated community day, the old people would just sit and talk and talk and ramble until you had to just get up and leave, but this lady was different.
Her name was Agatha, but her story was way more interesting than her name.
"I think you've heard enough war time stories for now, India, would you like to hear a story about this village?" Then she told me something that would interest me for the rest of my life.
"A few years ago, a young girl, named Amy Pond lived in the house in the forest. She went missing. First of all she went missing for short periods of time. Completely disappeared. Then, one day, she just left, no one saw her leave and she hasn't been back since. She had a best friend, a sweet girl called Alice, bless her heart. She went looking for Amy and gave us sad news that she had died. She didn't tell us how or why. She soon left the town and hasn't been back since. The house is empty. I was very close to both Amy and Alice; you remind me of them, you do."

After that, I was fixated on finding out what happened to Amy. No one would help me. I had to go out of town to attend high school, it was a huge secondary school where I was actually quite popular. I made my best friend there and we had a massive friendship group but no one will help me explore the house. And right now, I'm on my way there to finally find out the truth about Amelia Pond.
If I haven't mentioned it already, I'm very nosy.