Chapter 5: Monster Hunt

Lincoln sat down for breakfast.

Nothing special just eggs bacon and toast, but after so long, it felt so good to finally be able to eat something without throwing it up. (Also something that wasn't a living person)

At this moment, it felt like the best meal Lincoln had ever had.

Just then Lori got a call on her phone.

"Hello?" she said. "Ronnie Anne?"

This caught Lincoln's interest.

"Ronnie, slow down." Lori said. "Is everything ok? Oh, Oh my god! Oh my god NO! Is he? No!"

She hung up her phone, her eyes filled with tears.

"Is everything ok?" Lincoln asked.

"It's Bobby," Lori said. "He... He's been in an accident."

"Oh my gosh!" Lincoln exclaimed, "Is he ok?"

"He's in a coma." Lori explained. "They don't know if he'll recover."

"Well can we go see him?" Lincoln asked.

"I think it's best you stay here" Lori said, "Ronnie doesn't know you're... She thinks you're still dead. Now her brother is in the hospital, seeing you might be a bit much for her right now."

"It's just as well" Lisa interrupted "I have plans myself for today, and I need Lincoln for those plans."

"Uh, ok" Said Lincoln

"Fallow me to my room." Lisa requested.

...

Lori later arrived at the hospital.

The nurse directed her to Bobby's room.

Bobby was lying in the hospital bed, unconscious, with a bunch of tubs and machines hooked up to him, helping him breath.

Lori couldn't help but think back to when Lincoln was in the same position.

His mother, and Ronnie Anne were sitting by his bed side. They were both crying heavily.

"Hey guys" Lori said in a soft voice. "How are you doing."

"Hi Lori" Said Bobby's mother.

"What happened?" Lori asked.

Without a word Ronnie Anne, handed Lori a news paper.

Lori read the news paper.

The front line read "Pariah: the Out Cast killer"

"He thought it was a good idea to join the police force" Ronnie Anne said. "Thought he had enough experience in Royal Woods. He was hunting down this Pariah guy."

"Pariah?" Lori said. That's the same guy Lincoln claimed, had called him last night.

"What the heck does that even mean?" asked Ronnie Anne.

"I think it means out cast" Lori responded.

"Like it matters." Ronnie Anne said.

Just then, someone else came in the room.

He was a well built man, with shot wavy brown hair, and a thin beard.

"Hello" The man said with a smile, as he extended his hand to shake Lori's "My name's Chris, I was Bobby's partner on the police force. And I'm guessing you're Lori."

"Yeah" Lori responded.

"Bobby's said a lot about you." Chris explained. "And let me just say, you are every bit as beautiful as he claims you are."