Chapter 3

Joker spent the next 5 days in bed. He didn't let anyone in unless it was for food and even then he didn't speak. He wanted to be alone with his thoughts.

3 days into the villians being in Arkham , they broke out and went home. Only to hit with a hit of sadness as everyone was in the living room sad and quiet.

On the 6th day of this mess Joker got out of bed and walked into the living room with no problems at all.

Everyone smiled to see the pep back in his step , the glimmer in his eyes , and the big smile spread across his face. Harley had already been healed by day 3 so she was the most excited naturally.

"Your walking ! All better I guess !" Harley said as she skated up to the male clown.

"Back and better then ever!" Joker said laughing the laugh everyone missed.

"Now Joe's about we celebrate with a" Joker paused " bank to robbery?!" Everyone roared and scattered.to get ready.

Harley and Joker both rushed to there rooms to put on fresh makeup. Joker applying a new layer of lipstick to his bare lips.

He changed out of his unikitty PJs and into his usual bright purple suit - no coat tails this time.

Now back with the Batfamiy, Dick , Babs , and Alfred had been trying to get Bruce out of this funk he was in. Missing his clown Prince of crime. He didn't want to do any crime fighting at all. He had been sending anyone but him to deal with problems in Gotham.

He had been slumped at his computer almost all day and night and he groaned when a signal went off saying there was villians acting up.

"Dick! Babs !" Batman shouted not even looking at the description.

Both Babs and Dick came running as they read the description it literally saying "BATMAN THE CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME IS BACK DO SOMETHING!"

"Can you take care of it ? " He said not even looking at them.

Dick shook his head "Batdad come on don't you want to fight ?"

"No not really..." Batman said looking at Dick.

"Not even the clown Prince of crime?" Babs asked raising an eyebrow.

In an instant batman turned around to see what the screen said and he had a mix of anger and happiness.

"LETS GO!" batman said as he hoped into the batmobile, Babs and Dick joining in the car.

When they arrived on the scene Joker could he spotted along side Harley and the riddler holding bags of money as a helicopter wasn't too far out of sight, no doubt that's how they are going to get away.

Joker turned to see the Bat makeing his way to them. And when he made his way to them batman wet straight to Joker and punched him in the jaw.

Joker's smile disappears , Harley grows angry and Dick and Babs gasp. Now yes the two are enemies and had bloody fights but never in public. Batman's actions would be shunned for it.

Batman growled in a hit of anger and hurt. "How dare you! Just mess with my feelings ! Leaving for almost a month! And then thinking it's ok to just-" in the moment Babs and Dick pulled  Bats away as Harley helped him up.

"Look batforbrains! He's been in bed ! He hadn't been able to walk ! And he'll be stuck in bed again!" Harley screamed at Batman as she checked the bleeding areas of joker's now bruising face.

The Riddler had already throws away the money rushing to the clowns aid as he helped him into the helicopter.

Harley skated up to Batman , "He was so happy to see you again ! " Harley shouts in his face.

Batman's face is blank as he process' what had happened, he didn't know what came over him.

Dick was shocked at his father's actions and Babs was disappointed. Babs and Dick forced Batman back to the batmobile.

Once home , Joker was lead to his bed as Harley went to look for an aid kit. Ivy grew some plants to help the pain. Joker took heavy breaths knowing he was going to be stuck in bed for at least a few days. He didn't mind it, well actually he did but he assumed his bat was going to need time to cool off. He closed his eyes and dozed off to sleep.

"BATMAN: Shows no mercy to his greatest enemy" read the TV

The news was on and recordings of what happened just an hour ago were on TV, Superman was even on the news talking about how even though they are your enemy you show mercy. It's what hero's do.

Bruce sunk into his chair, he had asked to be alone for a while and his family agreed.

Bruce was no longer angry at the clown , he just wanted to apologize. This isn't how hero's act and this isn't how there greatest enemy should be treated-- in public.

Batman needed to find where the clown hides out and he knew one hero who could do his job faster then him , literally.

About 15 minutes after he ran off , the Flash appeared again almost out of thin air.

"Your clown lives on '1223, west afters street'" the Flash stated quickly with a wink.

Every hero in the justice league teased batman about his special relationship with the Joker. Being they know one another and have semi-romantic , but batman swears up and down he doesn't have any romantic interest in the Joker.

"He's not mine." Bats stated flatly as he recited the address under his breathe.

"Well, yours or not , I've got places to go things to see." And with that he was out of sight within seconds.

Batman left a note saying he went out so his family wouldn't worry. He left almost immediately after suiting up, ready for any tricks the clown could pull.

Now the house only had three rooms with windows. Harley's, Ivy's, for her plants ,and Joker's. The windows weren't big or small just right. 

Joker was fast asleep still his face patched up and his make up smeared. Strands of green hair all over the place.

Batman snuck around the house looking through the first two windows, not having Joker in them. But he came to the third window , and there he saw. It changed how he saw the clown.

He stayed still looking in the window.

---*-*-*-****

Sorry this took extra time ;0 i wasn't feeling up to writing ;..: i write these chapters during the night when I'm tiRed cause why not ;3.

Enjoy!

-Sugar