24 - New Colors

Mori felt useful.

There was news that Naruto was stabbed by Hinata which happened to be an accident, but on the bright side of things, it wasn't that fatal, yet it caused blood loss for the Uzumaki but was then stabilized. Hinata was seen crying, saying it her fault, but was soon consoled by her imouto, who also seems to be crying.

Few hours later Naruto's condition was declared stable, Hinata's operation was about to commence. Since Naruto was quite stubborn and wanted to see ALL of it,(which was unnecessary) he was sent home, to rest and relax, and wait for the news regarding the surgery.

Well, being sent home was comfortable, unlike Mori, who was is a sterile room that reeked of iodine and alcohol. He was sitting on a chair, writing a letter once again.

If emotions can't express it, write it down. It leaves a very important memory. He was bad at handling his feelings, ever since his mother's death.

He ended the letter by affixing his signature, and looked up to the clacking sound of the Godaime's wedges, together with Orochimaru. She was holding a syringe, which obviously is pain-killers and probably some tranquilizers, to make him at ease.

"This will probably hurt a bit"-she muttered as she injected it to him, she noticed that he was holding a letter and added,-"For whom?"

"Miss Hinata, please, Lady Tsunade."

Tsunade smiled. "You know it's weird how you got positive, but we'll still give your eyes try."

Mori repaid the smile.

He never knew his mother had the Byakugan, yet he never knew his father. Either way, he was thankful. Even though he wasn't able to unleash its power to its full extent, he didn't care. He didn't need power, all he needed was to feel fulfilment about his deeds.

If to achieve fulfilment was to sacrifice your own resources, he didn't care. Sometimes happiness requires sacrifices, and you shall stand triumphant regardless of the blood, sweat and tears that was spilled.

Sacrifices are never bought by money.

With that thought, he found himself giving into an abyss, dark and unknown.

• • •

If I opened my eyes right now. . .

Ugh, just how many hours has it been? Is the surgery done? Did it fail?

Will I see once again?

The moment she opened her eyes, blinding light was what she saw.

Di-Did it work?

She blocked the light with her fingers, seeing them as pale as it did before. Hinata blinked again, seeing that she was in the same room before, with the table beside her topped with various fruits.

At the seats beside her, she saw Tenten, who was smiling melancholically, her eyes tired and weary. Hanabi was curled on her lap, sleeping soundly.

"Can you see now?" Tenten asked.

Hinata looked that the window, seeing a patch of different flowers growing on the garden. The colors were so vivid, so alive. The colors weren't dull anymore as it used to be. It was like it was repainted.

Hinata's pinkish lips twitched to a happy smile. She thought this day would never arrive once again. She thought that it was the end, but many held her back and pushed her to stay alive.