The final battle

Sophia and Jade were sitting on the train that was heading back to London. Everything on the train was quieter than usual. It was the day after Dumbledore's funeral.
"So what do you think will happen now? I mean will the last year look the same? That's almost impossible," said Jade and looked out the window.
"I don't know.. Like a lot of students won't even return and some have already left yesterday. I don't think that... Hogwarts will be the same. Not without Dumbledore."They were silent for some time. Jade looked nervous and Sophia looked at her suspiciously.
"I...I have to tell you something," she said. Sophia wondered what is it.
"You know the Weasleys? One of them is getting married and well.. I have been invited," Jade said. Sophia was confused.
"Who invited you? It's not like you hang out with any of them, is it?"
"Well those letters...I was talking to Fred and George. When I visited their shop we just kind of became friends and we wrote letters to each other." she said. Sophia was really suprised. But before she could say anything Jade continued.
"So they invited me to the wedding. And they said you can come too if you want."
"If you don't want to go alone I can come. But won't it look weird that we are there? We don't even know them!" Sophia said. "I think it's better I don't go." Jade slowly nodded, showing that she understands.
"I got you something," Sophia said. "It's a ring and I have one too. If you press on it mine will shine and if I press on mine then I apparate to you. So if you will ever be in trouble just do that and I can do the same if I get into trouble." She handed her the ring. It was a dark silver ring. Jade put it on.
"Thanks. If anything happenes at the wedding, you know, because I expect that Potter will be there, I will let you know." Sophia was satisfied with that and the rest of the trip was silent.
When she arrived home she hugged her parents,  she was really happy to see them. But she was still a little down so she went to her room. She cried. And this time it wasn't because of everything that happened, it wasn't because Dumbledore died. It was because of non other than Draco Malfoy.  She had to admit it to herself,  even if she didn't like it; she liked Draco and there was nothing she could do about it. She knew Draco would never like her like that. They were always only friends and this year it was as if he wouldn't like her because he was avoiding her. She felt the pain in her chest, in her heart. She never knew this could hurt so much. Liking someone you'll never have.

~

The days went by. Sophia managed to put herself back together and she used this summer to prepare for the next year and also to slowly accept what happened.
And so her final year at Hogwarts was  just around the corner. She was unbelievably calm. Everything that happened changed her. She was now quieter and calmer. She observed her surroundings rather than doing something. During the summer she met up with Jade a few times and she saw that Jade changed like she did as well.
The new school year started and it was a little bit weird at the beginning; it was so quiet all the time. It looked like everyone lost enthusiasm. The school seemed dead. Not to mention that the headmaster was Snape. The school seemed so dark. Sophia was just glad that she at least had Jade. She had nobody else at school. A lot of slytherins joined their parents and Potter and his friends also left. She did sometimes chat with his other friends who stayed as she wanted to help them. She promised them her help so she talked to them occasionally to keep up with the news. Nothing special was happening, really. Towards the end of the year things got pretty bad and if they didn't want to do something they were tortured. But she wanted to be one of those who stay true to themselves even in the hard times. So when she was told, like Longbottom, to practice crucio on the first years, she suffered. But she did notice how all of this connected them; she and Jade we're now hanging out with Ginny, Neville and Luna almost everyday. They felt stronger that way. And it wasn't long until Neville told them about how they can gather in the room of requirement. As the time went on the room became larger and a lot of people joined them there. Sophia was happy that you could feel hope there even with everything that was going on.
And then one day it happened.
The day everyone was waiting for.
Potter and his friends returned.
It turned out it was for a different reason but they were still filled with hope and excitement. Until they heard that he was coming.
Sophia looked at Jade. They were both scared but there wasn't time for anything else; people were in a hurry and panicking. As she was trying to get up the stairs she bumped into someone half a way. She looked up and saw Draco, after all this time. She grabbed his hand in reflex, she didn't want him to go away again. She saw in his eyes that he was sorry and as she let him go he rushed off. She wasn't in a hurry really, she didn't even know where to go. She felt that someone touched her arm and she turned around.
It was Thomas, her brother. She was relieved and she hugged him.
"Mum and dad came as well. Just try to be safe, okay?" he said. She nodded. She felt horrible, she was really afraid of what will happen to her family during this fight. She was scared for Jade and Draco too as she didn't know where they are. As soon as Thomas left she saw that death eathers managed to invade in the school. She could feel the panic.
After some time the fight calmed down. The death eathers left and she looked everywhere to find her family and Jade. She finnaly found her mother who was crying. Sophia was paralyzed and too scared to look.
She saw her dad and her only brother laying on the ground, completely dead.
She was in a shock.
The time stopped for her. She felt that her mother hugged her.
And then she started crying. She repeated to herself this can't be real, this can't be real. She was completely broken. She lost her brother who she loved the most and one of her parents. She thought she would never survive this. She couldn't even image what kind of pain was her mother going trough.
But then she remembered Jade and she stood up and tried to look for her. Fortunately Jade wasn't far away but she looked horrible. She was crushed. Sophia quickly saw that Jade's little brother wasn't moving. She didn't know how he even got here but he was dead.
Sophia never thought it was possible to feel so much pain at once. 
She almost fell down and cried. She hugged Jade and they stayed like that for a few moments.
Then they all stood up. She saw Voldemort standing in front of them with death eathers behind him. And Potter was apparently dead as well.
Sophia could feel how hope was drained out of the people. She stared there in disbelief. Harry died? Harry Potter?  How?
A moment later Harry moved and stood up. They all laughed as Voldemort got angry. And the fight continued. Sophia, though crushed, now felt a little bit better. She can't change what happened but she can prevent more deaths.
A

s she was fighting she was constantly looking at Jade, making sure that she is safe. And in one moment her eyes recognized Draco. She saw how his gray eyes looked at her for a second.

And she herself was there when Voldemort died. She saw it and a weave of relieve came over her. She looked at Jade. 
"We won," she said. "It's over."

She looked for Draco too. She saw him just as his parents were leaving. He looked at her and walked up to her.
"I'm sorry. You didn't deserve anything I did to you." She smiled a little.
"You had no choice."
"But I had no reason to act so ignorant to you the whole previous year."
"It's okay, I forgive you." she said.

~

She was standing outside at the lake. It was really calming. She sat down on the grass. The wind was messing with her hair and it was a warm sunny day.  Everything seemed like nothing happened, even the castle was already repaired. She was surprised how quickly they managed to repair it, even with magic.
"Sophia?" She looked up. It was Draco.  She looked at the lake again. After a few moments she saw that he carefully sat down next to her.
"Everything will be different now." she said. He nodded.
"Yeah. But I don't think that is bad."
"I missed you," she said. "I really missed hanging out with you these two years." She was still looking at the lake in front of them.
"I missed you too. It may not seem like it but all this time I thought of you, I didn't forget you." She slowly looked at him. She suddenly felt her heart beating faster. She almost forgot how much she actually liked him. He put her hair behind her ear and she shivered at the touch of his hand. They slowly got closer and in one moment she felt a soft touch of his lips.

There’s a moment between a glance, and a kiss, where the world stops, for the briefest of times.
And the only thing between us is the anticipation of your lips on mine. 
A moment, so intense, it hangs in the air as it pulls us closer.

A moment, so perfect, that when it comes to an end, we realize; it’s only the beginning.