-3-

Meera walked in the next morning amid confusion among her classmates.

"Is that the girl who was at the party?"

"Who, her?"

"The fuck? She's not even pretty!"

"Wow. His standards have dropped, majorly."

She walked in the classroom and sat down, only to have Preeti come closer to her.

"Is it true?" She asked with wide eyes, looking at her.

"Is what true?" Meera was confused. "What's going on, Preeti?"

"Don't pretend to act coy." Preeti scoffed. "Rumours have been flying around that the Virat Kohli is interested in you. Is it true?"

"Who the fuck is Virat Kohli?" Meera shouted, as the class grew silent. She could feel everyone staring at her and to her luck, the teacher started shouting at her as soon as she turned around.

"Out of my class, Meera. Now."

Keeping her head down, she walked out of class, hearing her classmates laughing after her. Keeping her tears in, she walked out as quickly as possible, running to the washroom.

"So, I told Anushka and she was like hello? How can he like someone other than me, you know?" Someone's voice was heard five minutes after Meera had gone into one of the cubicles.

"Simmi, does she know about you and him?" Another voice popped up.

"No." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Dude, I would loose everything. Anushka, believe it or not, has the power to make everything go her way. As long as she doesn't know what happens between me and him, the better it would be for me."

"You're playing with fire, Sims."

"Ruchi, I know. But he's worth it, almost."

They walked out after a few moments -- their conversation heading onto homework. Wiping her tears, Meera came out. She hesitantly took out a cloth and proceeded to wet it under the sink and then wipe her entire face. As she did that, someone else walked in.

"Hi." Someone else said from beside her. "You're a new student, aren't you?"

"Yes." She looked at her through the mirror. "I'm Meera."

"Oh!" She suddenly grew nervous. "I'm Chelsea. Bye." She stormed out of the bathroom, not even retouching her face.

Outside, Chelsea met up with her friend.

"It's a world record with how long you've finished your makeup in." Tania laughed but the serious look on Chelsea's face stopped her.

"What's wrong?"

"I just met Meera. Virat's girl."

"What's wrong?" Hardik asked her, keeping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer. Meera loved the closeness but today, she pushed him away.

"Do you know who is Virat Kohli?" Meera started off, exasperated. "The whole day everyone's been asking whether I am his girlfriend!"

Hardik laughed as Meera kept turning red.

"How -" He wheezed out. "Can they pair you up with someone who you don't know?" He finished.

"That's what I'm wondering!" Meera started. "Do you know?"

"Do I know what?" Hardik countered back, flinching as Meera hit him on the shoulder.

"Mercy! I don't know who he is, honest!" He laughed as Meera jumped on him, but quickly pulled her on his lap as she squirmed.

"Bas!" He said as Meera gave up under his hold and slumped against him. He then held her by her waist as she put her head on his shoulder.

"This isn't how I imagined this place to be. I didn't want rumours about me." She said after a few minutes.

"Well, I'll be here to protect you!" Hardik nudged her, making her laugh.

"You will."

"You will not believe this." Simran sing-songed into the room as she stopped playing the violin.

"Well? Aren't you going to say anything?" She turned towards Simran.

"Virat has a new girlfriend."

"What did you say?" She said, as quiet as death.

"Well, Virat has a new girlfriend, Meera." Simran shrugged as she crossed her legs on the sofa. "She's pretty, sure. But she's got nothing on you, really."

"I've never heard her name. She's new?" She turned away and kept her violin on the stand and offered Simran some juice, which she declined.

"Maybe I should turn up to school." She said.

"Maybe." Simran said.

"No." Anushka turned around and walked around her room. "You keep an eye on that girl. You keep an eye on Virat as well. Tell me everything, clear?"

"Crystal."

My babushka Vee scored 131❤ but my other babushka Harry didn't score much. Don't worry, he'll take wickets😙💫

It doesn't matter anyway, India has already won the series😋💛