Memory loss

"What do you mean?!" Tony asked Bruce.

"There's a big chance that she might not make it" he said sadly "We can make a surgical intervention but she's too weak"

"There has to be something else we can do" Tony sighed and tried to think.

"Bruce! It's Y/N" Wanda bursted into the room "She's waking up".

"Where's Bucky?" Tony stood up.

"He's out with Steve" She said and then ran back to the infirmary.

"Do not let him see her!" Tony said to Nat that was just walking in and followed Wanda.

Once they arrived you were sitting up on the bed looking as terrified as you could possibly be. You didn't recognize anything or anyone.

"What's going on?!" You tried to get up but Bruce pushed you down on the bed "who are you? Where's my mother"

"Oh my goodness" Tony mumbled and quickly texted Steve.

"What am i doing here?!" You pulled away from Bruce's grip and stood up from the bed "Where am i?" You took a couple steps back as Wanda walked towards you.

"Calm down Y/N" Wanda said as she tried to hypnotize you but you created a shield on your mind that send her flying across the room.

"Did not knew she could do that" Tony said and kneeled in front of Wanda "You ok?"

"Who are you?!" Your heart was racing and you were about to have a major panic attack.
You ripped the IV out of your arm and  pressed your back against the wall.

"I came here as soon as i-" Steve said but stopped talking once he saw you.

"Steve where am i? What's going on?!"  You asked as your voice cracked mid sentence.

Steve's heart dropped as he knew Bucky was behind him listening to everything. You didn't remembered anything, you don't remember being a part of the avengers or ever meeting the winter soldier.
"It's okay Y/N you're just sick" Steve walked towards you "You've been asleep for a while but if you let them help you everything it's gonna be fine"

"Where's my mother?" You looked down "Where's everyone?"

"They're in Wakanda" Steve held your hands "You're in New York"

"W-Why?" Tears started to fall down your cheeks "I wanna go home"

"You can't, you have to get better first" He sighed and held you in his arms making a sign telling everyone else to leave the room.

Bucky stayed outside listening to everything. He was no longer on your memory. He had lost you.
"Who are they?" You looked up at Steve "Where's T?"

"They... they are part of the avengers" Steve took a deep breath "T left yesterday"

"Steve please tell me what's going on" you sat on the bed and felt a sharp pain on your left shoulder and saw a bullet  scar "W-what happened?"

"You were poisoned Y/N" Steve said "B-But Y/N i have to ask, do you remember anything?"

"What do you mean?" Your heart started racing again.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I was making dages with my mother... she was teaching me" you said "then T and i went to get some herbs..."

"Oh my god" Steve mumbled and grabbed his face "Y/N It's been years since that happened. Your mother has been in a coma for over a year"

"You're lying" you shook your head and sobbed "Don't lie to me Steve"

"Here" he held your hand "Read my mind and you will see that I'm not lying" you let go of his hand and took a deep breath trying to take in everything "Y/N you lost your memory... you know every single person that was in the room just minutes ago"

"S-Steve please don't" you wrapped your arms around yourself "H-how did i ended up here?"

"I can't tell you this Y/N you have to remember" he sat next to you "The girl that was here earlier can help you, her name is Wanda. You guys are very good friends"

"How can i not remember?" You tried to look into your mind but there was nothing there "I-I'm a monster i just hurt her" you heard someone from the outside mumbling and then punch the wall "W-What's that?"

"That's just..." Steve debated in his mind weather or not to tell you his name "James, my friend"

"Do i know him?" Bucky's heart shrinked when you asked that.

"I told you. You know everyone here" Steve stood up.

"C-Can i see him?" You looked at the door. Bucky was mentally begging Steve to let him see you.

"He's not allowed to" Steve replied "It's not a good idea".

"Do i know him more than everyone else?" You tried to read Steve's expression "Steve don't make me get in your mind"

"No, he's just very fragile right now" Steve lied "You both went through a similar situation"

"Oh..." you didn't bought it but thought that there was a reason why he wouldn't tell you so you let it slide.

"S-Steve are you done?" Bucky opened a little the door but you weren't able to see his face. His voice sounded familiar.

"Yes! Goodbye Y/N" Steve walked towards the door.

"Wait Steve i think i-" you stood up but before you could see the mysterious man Steve closed the door and left.

"What are you doing?!" Steve glanced at Bucky "She could've see you!".

"Why did you lied to her? This may be the last time i get the chance to see her and you screw everything up!" Bucky grabbed his head and groaned.

"Did you talked to her? How is she?" Tony asked concerned.

"She doesn't remember anything" Steve said "She doesn't remember joining the avengers or ever leaving Wakanda. I told her to be less aggressive with everyone"

"So you knew she could do that with her mind?!" Tony raised his eyebrows "What else is she hiding?"

"Leave her alone" Bucky speaked up "she probably feels terrified. You're not gonna make tests with her powers" He said and walked to your bedroom.

"Did you told her?" Tony looked back at Steve.

"Yes" He said but before Tony could yell at him he speaked up "She has no clue of what's going on! Wanda can help her remember"

Wanda nodded and handed Tony a glass of water "She's gonna be fine" She smiled and sat down on the couch.
Tony felt so responsible for what happened, he felt like a dad when it came to you. Your real dad was never there and you never really bonded with him but with Tony was completely different. He always talked to you when something was bothering you and you felt like he was always there.

"We're gonna figure this out" Steve placed a hand on Tony's shoulder "I'm gonna call T'Challa but in the meantime only Wanda can see her"